Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Urban Mover

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Not really Tom, many of them go back years and most entries were not accompanied by a post stating the model, they are mostly just anonymous entries. It's hopelessly wrong anyway, since many if not most e-bike enthusiasts change their e-bikes and it never took into account those who had anything from 2 to 7 e-bikes. I know of one member who has owned more than ten e-bikes over time, but like the rest of us has only been allowed one vote.

It would probably be best to have a fresh poll each year with all the current and prospective makes included, but these days that would be a very long list with many makes only having a fraction of a percent showing for one or two owners only.

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
with all the current and prospective makes included, but these days that would be a very long list with many makes only having a fraction of a percent showing for one or two owners only.
Maybe multiple answers split it into .. front hub/ rear hub/ crank drive/ self build / I got it from a shop (with £ variations rather than make model <£500 <£1000 <£1500 >£2000)/ I own (suitable numbers)

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
I concur, maybe a new list should be made up, and widen the number of makes/categories, as 48% of those voted have not been listed, and placed under the heading of 'others' which does not give a true picture of the range of bikes, or reflect changes in current ownership.

Last edited:

AlMel

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2013
Essonne, France
Over 84000 have viewed this subject. It's giving an awful lot of people the impression that the forum is out of date. Maybe, even before an alternative format is designed, it ought to be closed.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Over 84000 have viewed this subject. It's giving an awful lot of people the impression that the forum is out of date. Maybe, even before an alternative format is designed, it ought to be closed.
I've previously posted that it might be best to close it and start again with a more comprehensive and up to date list, asking members to update their entries. However, it can only be really useful if that's done annually, since the market changes so quickly.

DSGC

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 7, 2013
Taunton, Somerset
Hi, I bought a Pro Rider touring earlier this month (online) and now having used it for a while I'm very pleased. The battery is 36v 10ah there are three levels of assistance and Shimarno gears. I'm surprised that this bike has not been mentioned on the forum yet as the price at the bottom end of the market. Perhaps time will tell whether this is a good buy.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi, I bought a Pro Rider touring earlier this month (online) and now having used it for a while I'm very pleased. The battery is 36v 10ah there are three levels of assistance and Shimarno gears. I'm surprised that this bike has not been mentioned on the forum yet as the price at the bottom end of the market. Perhaps time will tell whether this is a good buy.
We have mentioned these on various occasions. For years they were sold under various names with lead-acid batteries at around £300, and you'll notice that the battery platform and space between the frame and rear wheel are much larger than needed for your lithium battery. Your lithium battery version is more recent and generally at £649. The online advertised RRP of £2000 is nonsense, they've never been that.

They are basically sound bikes and I've known a few of the older version lasting well in casual use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisers