Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Urban Mover

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome to the forum Highrider, The Heinzmann is a good climber, and there's no doubt that NiCad's willingness to give up current is a big help in that. It's a pity that they are disappearing now for environmental reasons.

What motor version do you have, 200/250 watt or one of the the higher power versions?

highrider

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 29, 2008
PL25
It's a 200/250 version. If careful I can go up to 30 miles but I do pedal quite a lot and on the flat I do nearly all the work as I go at more than 15mph.

I'm not a boy racer either seeing as I'm 50 and female but the hill is so good I regularly get up to 30mph so you can see how important it is for me to ensure I have enough juice to get back home.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's a good range on the Heinzmann, not the most economical of motors. You're obviously an effective and fit cyclist.

treknavigator

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 20, 2008
re bionx motor kits

We Are Dealing In A Very High End Quality Product Here The Price Really Dictate The Type Of Product You Receive I Am A Dealer For The Product In Saskatchewan Canada . As Well As A Daily Commuter Usuing This Product 6300klms One Fall One Summer And Two Winters No Problems Trek Navigator North Battleford

bersh

Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2007
About your battery

A great bike for hill climbing is the Quando. This bike does not have any gears but packs a mean punch for any steep hills on pure power alone.

Glad you are enjoying the Torq.

50cycles
My Quando is 9 months old and I have never driven just on battery power. Yellow light comes on almost immediately, even while peddling.True, in San Francisco we have quite steep hills that require me to use a lot of strenght just to keep the yellow from going and staying red.How long have you had your battery, and do you charge it every time, as I do, or if not, how often?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think we only have one member with a Sparta Ion M-gear, and if it's in this it will be amongst the 54 "others" at the foot of the chart.

At the time this thread was started there were no Spartas on our market, and in any case, with it's very limited hill climb capability, it will never be a big seller in hilly Britain, though a great bike in flatter areas, so I doubt there will ever be many members with them.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Likewise how come theres no option for Wisper owners?
Same original reason, when this thread was started about a year ago, Wisper didn't exist. I suppose Russ could introduce other makes now, but there will always be the problem that the earlier entries for introduced makes will already be in the "Other" section, and that could only be corrected if those owners all asked for a correction.

Trouble is, less than 24% of members have entered their bikes in this, and over 16% are no longer active members.

There's also the problems that the many owners with two bikes have only been able to enter one, and cannot enter any change of bike owned either, so it's not at all representative anyway.

Perhaps Russ will be able to devise another solution for this, possibly start again and ask members to re-enter to make it up to date. This could possibly be done annually.

Last edited:

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Same original reason, when this thread was started about a year ago, Wisper didn't exist. I suppose Russ could introduce other makes now, but there will always be the problem that the earlier entries for introduced makes will already be in the "Other" section, and that could only be corrected if those owners all asked for a correction.

Trouble is, less than 24% of members have entered their bikes in this, and over 16% are no longer active members.

There's also the problems that the many owners with two bikes have only been able to enter one, and cannot enter any change of bike owned either, so it's not at all representative anyway.

Perhaps Russ will be able to devise another solution for this, possibly start again and ask members to re-enter to make it up to date. This could possibly be done annually.
and Kalkhoff.. which seems to be popular:D

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi all,

the problem with the original Poll is that it cannot be edited hence it doesn't reflect the current bikes on the market.

If I add a new one, we will be in the same situation in a year's time!

I'm waiting for a bug fix on the mini-polls that used to appear on the bottom right of the forum window. Once this is up and running again, it will be better to hold the poll there as the pick list can easily be updated.

In the meantime, please feel free to add additional posts with details of the bikes that you own.

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Hi all,

the problem with the original Poll is that it cannot be edited hence it doesn't reflect the current bikes on the market.

If I add a new one, we will be in the same situation in a year's time!

I'm waiting for a bug fix on the mini-polls that used to appear on the bottom right of the forum window. Once this is up and running again, it will be better to hold the poll there as the pick list can easily be updated.

In the meantime, please feel free to add additional posts with details of the bikes that you own.
I am sure it will be sorted soon ;)
I own a Wisper 905SE and love it and placed a review in the review section on the forum.
Regards
Mandy

short-circuit

Just Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Hi. My first post here, fairly new to the e bike world. I have bought a powerbike commuter secondhand and so far thouroughly enjoying it!

RobNYC

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2008
New York, New York
I'm new to ebikes. I live in NYC and have biked here all my life. I have the same mountain bike parked out on the mean streets for 23 years now. But I've been looking at ebikes for a while because I am tired of arriving at work rumpled and sweaty.

I got a Quando II three weeks ago. I freaking LOVE it. It is perfect for my 6 mile roundtrip to work. The trip to work finishes on a steep, long hill and the bike just plows right up it with mininmal assist from me.

I'm a strong biker so I don't mind pitching in. I also understand that ebikes are actually illegal in New York State (though that may be changing) so when ever I see a cop, I try to look like I'm struggling along with all the other bikers.

My main concern now is preseving the battery as best as possible as I was not aware that they are such an issue until I stumbled upon this forum. Ebikes are not big here... I've only seen one other although I know they're out there.

I am most grateful to all of you for the information you have shared here.

Last edited:

StrangeFish

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2008
Bristol (BS14) UK.
I'm new to ebikes. I live in NYC and have biked here all my life. I have the same mountain bike parked out on the mean streets for 23 years now. But I've been looking at ebikes for a while because I am tired of arriving at work rumpled and sweaty.

I got a Quando II three weeks ago. I freaking LOVE it. It is perfect for my 6 mile roundtrip to work. The trip to work finishes on a steep, long hill and the bike just plows right up it with mininmal assist from me.

I'm a strong biker so I don't mind pitching in. I also understand that ebikes are actually illegal in New York State (though that may be changing) so when ever I see a cop, I try to look like I'm struggling along with all the other bikers.

My main concern now is preseving the battery as best as possible as I was not aware that they are such an issue until I stumbled upon this forum. Ebikes are not big here... I've only seen one other although I know they're out there.

I am most grateful to all of you for the information you have shared here.
Hi Rob, welcome to the forum!

N.Y,N.Y.."so good they named it twice". My wife and I love New York, we have only visited twice but think N.Y and the people that live in and around there are great!

Yes, I noted some time ago that Eezee bikes have a distributor in your city. The Quando, of course, is probably the best possible choice you could have made for your circumstances. I have just bought a Kalkhoff Agattu, a german ebike with some of the gear japanese. I have only had it a week and am still getting used to it after many years out of the saddle. Yes, battery's have not been all that good really until the last couple of years, but they have been getting better over the last few months. Still a long way to go though I think..
Look forward to more of your postings Rob, 'Bye for now,

StrangeFish :)

RobNYC

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2008
New York, New York
Hi Rob, welcome to the forum!

N.Y,N.Y.."so good they named it twice". My wife and I love New York, we have only visited twice but think N.Y and the people that live in and around there are great!

Yes, I noted some time ago that Eezee bikes have a distributor in your city. The Quando, of course, is probably the best possible choice you could have made for your circumstances.
Look forward to more of your postings Rob, 'Bye for now,

StrangeFish :)
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've had the Quando II for a month now and I gotta say I am just DELIGHTED. At this point, if it continues to perform in the way it has, the $1300 I paid for it will be the best $1300 I have ever spent.

Due to rain, today was the first time I was reduced to taking the subway to and from work. So I've already knocked $81 I would have paid for a metro card off the cost of the bike.

And the fun I have riding the bike even TO work is, of course, priceless. :)

If I can stretch the Li-ion battery life out for two years (and i've paid close attention to recomendations on how to prolong battery life), I will be pleased.

If the rest of the world starst riding ebikes that will be great. But as long as I can continue to get the parts I need for my bike, I will be happy. And I understand that Ezee is a company that looks to be around for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisers