Whisper 2014 battery

JohnArran

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 13, 2015
My brother-in-law bought a 2014 Wisper 905 about six months ago. The battery was working fine when he bought it. The bike had been well cared for. He has used the bike a fair bit in these six months regularly recharging the battery as per the instructions. For the month of December the bike was unused due to the poor weather. The bike has at all times been stored in the house. However, when he tried to recharge it in January he discovered it would only charge to one light. He has been told the problem is not with the charger but the battery. He is forced to buy a new battery or hazard money on the possibility the old can be 'reconditioned'.

Is this a common problem with batteries? Can anyone think why this may have happened to a battery treated as the instructions required?

Many thanks.

John

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Was it store on the bike or separately? If on the bike and power on to the controller it could drain the battery down below cell limits?

JohnArran

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 13, 2015
Hi Bob

I'm not sure. I'll check this out and pass your comment on. Thanks for responding.

Advertisers