Whoosh big bear front forks

Garrydog

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2017
Manchester
Hi the front forks on my big bear are the top gun type , there is movement in them ,up and down but when moving on a rough surface the forks are solid ,thus thus no suspension. Can someone tell me if there is any adjustment in them, and if so how to adjust them.
If not can anybody recommend what forks to replace them with .
Thanks.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
there is no adjustment in the TGS fork.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you can replace it with any good 26" suspension fork, 60mm or 75mm travel with 1" threaded steerer and disc mount.
The main problem is you need the threaded steerer.
If you find something you like, post the link here, I'll check it for you.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing and TZC

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Just found this, Fenwicks generally do good stuff, I might give it a try on my sticky forks
https://www.evanscycles.com/fenwicks-suspension-lube-spray-EV166637
I am not sure that GD said his fork sticks, he may have referred to something more like bottoming out. When the bike hits a bump or pothole on the road at high speed, the motor gets accelerated very quickly by the sudden gradient, its weight can make the lower legs of the fork gain a lot of kinetic energy in a very short time. All that kinetic energy dissipates normally inside the stanchions. But when the springs run out of capacity to absorb because the load is too big, the fork bottoms out because the lower legs can't go up any further, it is like the fork has stuck.

Garrydog

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2017
Manchester
I am not sure that GD said his fork sticks, he may have referred to something more like bottoming out. When the bike hits a bump or pothole on the road at high speed, the motor gets accelerated very quickly by the sudden gradient, its weight can make the lower legs of the fork gain a lot of kinetic energy in a very short time. All that kinetic energy dissipates normally inside the stanchions. But when the springs run out of capacity to absorb because the load is too big, the fork bottoms out because the lower legs can't go up any further, it is like the fork has stuck.
I have a Raleigh Array with solid touring fork , on a rough cycle track the bike is very bouncy on the front end giving me pain in my elbows . That's partially why I changed the bike for a big bear . But the forks as they are are just the same as the solid fork.
They are not bottoming out , there is just no movement in the when traveling on the rough track. When I push them down static with the front brake on they move up and down ok.

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

Garrydog

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2017
Manchester

Garrydog

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2017
Manchester

Advertisers