Whoosh big bear

Garrydog

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2017
Manchester
Hi
Just baught a second hand big bear ,the bike is in very good condition . Been on a test ride this afternoon of about 2 miles , all is well with the bike , exept the motor is very noisy , it sounds like an old powabyke euro I had. The bike freewheels nicely and is very quiet until the motor kicks in.
Could it be caused by worn gears ? If so where is the best place to get them from, or what else could be cuasing the noise.
Thanks.

Garrydog

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2017
Manchester
Ok will do if I can.
Removed the front wheel , and dismantled the motor. All looks well inside of the motor, no teeth missing, no evidence of scouering or rubbing marks. I am going to order a set of 3 gears then I no it's good. Just done about 20 miles on the bike and the noise hasn't gone any worse.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
check for any trace of water and also the bearing seals.Add a bit of grease before closing.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Did you rotate the side plate bearing manually by finger to feel for play ?
My bpm was noisy replacing the bearing made all difference.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Garrydog

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2017
Manchester
Did you rotate the side plate bearing manually by finger to feel for play ?
My bpm was noisy replacing the bearing made all difference.
Thanks for all your replys.
I will check that bearing on the side plate when I do the gears. Can you please tell me where you got the parts from?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The BPM bearing is 6002RS a few £££'s on ebay, double check bearing code/part written on the bearing.
Rotating by finger will tell if there is play or any roughness in rotation. Drive/tap the bearing out with suitable socket and mallet, refitting is a gentle tap back in and only takes a few mins.

Garrydog

Pedelecer
Jul 12, 2017
Manchester
The BPM bearing is 6002RS a few £££'s on ebay, double check bearing code/part written on the bearing.
Rotating by finger will tell if there is play or any roughness in rotation. Drive/tap the bearing out with suitable socket and mallet, refitting is a gentle tap back in and only takes a few mins.
Thanks for all of your help on this ,you have helped a lot. Finally got to the bottom of the noise , I striped the motor again and found that the 2 centre bearing had gone ,they were noisy and rough. Got all 4 bearings form simplybearings near me at a cost of £36 the lot .motor now ok.

Advertisers