Whoosh Karoo quick Review

oniontrololol

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2016
That point goes to show how we are all different. I have found the saddle on the Karoo that I am currently using, to be possibly the most comfortable saddle that I have ever used.

I find the saddle as fitted to both my KTM Lycan and Ultra 1964 to also be superb, yet the saddle on the e-race P hurts like mad after just approx 10 miles of use.
Maybe your bike have better suspension :p

Anyways I am used to the saddle now it is no longer an agonising ride!

Reactions: EddiePJ

oniontrololol

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2016
2nd week update

Apart from the unfortunate puncture last week the bike has not fallen apart yet despite daily 11 mile commute (6 days a week). The saddle is no longer a problem as I am now used to it. However, after riding it in the rain for 2 days the bike has developed a 'creaking noise' upon pulling away, I have yet to pinpoint where this sound is coming from but it sound like it is coming from the rear where the brakes / gears are located.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it can be the outer gear cable setting down.
ask a friend to help you lift the rear wheel up and shift the gear quickly up and down. Adjust the barrel if needed. If it's settling, usually turn the barrel one turn anti-clockwise will fix it.
Check also the brake rotor. You should have about 1mm gap between the rotor and the pads on either side. If not, turn the red knob on the caliper to adjust it.

Reactions: oniontrololol

oniontrololol

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2016
it can be the outer gear cable setting down.
ask a friend to help you lift the rear wheel up and shift the gear quickly up and down. Adjust the barrel if needed. If it's settling, usually turn the barrel one turn anti-clockwise will fix it.
Check also the brake rotor. You should have about 1mm gap between the rotor and the pads on either side. If not, turn the red knob on the caliper to adjust it.
You are right it was the brakes pads rubbing, caused by a buckled wheel :(. The freewheel also seems to wobble, is this normal?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you should not ride the bike with a buckled wheel.
Do you know how to keep your wheel true?
If not, take the bike to a bike shop and watch the technician fixing it or contact woosh support for advice.
If you want to learn how to do it yourself, watch this video:

Reactions: bigearsbilly

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
A buckled wheel so soon? Wonder what the OP did to cause that or is it so cheap it just collapsed under the OP's normal weight...

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
As far as I am aware, oiniontrololol sorted the problem out himself.
The Karoo is a very good bike, mechanically and electrically.