Why are used e-bikes worth so little?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the uk is bankrupt same as the usa as everything is registered as a corporation now even the pm is reg as corporation.

so the uk debt will never be paid off ;)

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
Take note of the guy on the right with the trolly (turn you volume up high or you will miss his comment)
When he asked you do you want to leave that outside. You should have said only if you are prepared to watch over it so that no bad egg steals it.

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
I don't go out much in the cold
What's your cut off as it were temperature wise? What kind of temperature do you stop going out on your bike. I think I will start a separate thread to discuss winter riding, rather than dilute this one.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
What's your cut off as it were temperature wise? What kind of temperature do you stop going out on your bike. I think I will start a separate thread to discuss winter riding, rather than dilute this one.
I have a built in thermometer.. well 10 of them actually! They tell me when it's too cold..

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I have been checking out dealers for my new "My Next Bike" (RM Supercharger £6k), and when asking about PX'ing my 2016 Scott e-Genius 910 (£4k new) I find that most dealers eith don't do it and the ones that do are offering £600.
This is either Dealer margins being really small, or there is just no market for used e-bikes and this is a genuine valuation.
Has anyone any experience in actually selling a used e-bike?
Is this the model that has a Bosch Drive unit, Reverb seat post, Fox 34 front forks, and do you still have both battery lock keys?

If so, what is the frame size?

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
eMTB? :)

I seem to have a knack for selling MTB's and eMTB's but road bikes are a no no in respect of buying to sell on again. It is a different market, and whilst I have placed the odd one or two for people, it isn't something that I am keen on.

Last edited:

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
eMTB? :)

I seem to have a knack for selling MTB's and eMTB's but road bikes are a no no in respect of buying to sell on again. It is a different market, and whilst I have placed the odd one or two for people, it isn't something that I am keen on.

Road bikes are a no no full stop for me :)

Reactions: EddiePJ

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Well I have both, and tended to use the emtb as a road bike so it had to go.
Ideally my new bike will give me a compromise. Upright riding position, all the road accoutrements with mild off road capability.
I’m the other way
I would rather sacrifice road speed for off road fun an hooliganism :)

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
After try sell last ebike online, lent it to friend for week to trial. The bike sold it's self. Come Xmas bike won't owe her anything due to amount saved in bus fairs.