Why isn't this PAS more common?

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
I've just replaced the split-disc Panda PAS with one of these.

On the face of it, it seems such a tidy and clever solution that I can't understand why it isn't more commonly used in kits. OK, you need to have a splined BB cup, but they're quite common. Any ideas?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
they are usually called left side PAS because they fit to the left side cup of the bottom bracket, and quite common.

This one is thinner, as fitted to the Woosh Zephyr-2017

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
I've bought conversion kits from three different suppliers and all had the magnetic disc and pick-up PAS. Those are vulnerable to the disc moving and the pick up too. The one pictured above is much less vulnerable. IIRC Woosh supplied me with an after-market Kunteng one to fit to my Sirocco back in the day.

D

Deleted member 4366

A couple of people on the forum have had compatibility issues with that PAS.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
My point is that this is, IMO, vastly superior technology to the 2-part solution most providers send out. Why use a disc that is vulnerable to movement when an all-in-one solution is available?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
A couple of people on the forum have had compatibility issues with that PAS.
what compatibility issues? if you have single hall, 3 pin plug, you don't have a problem.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
Will that work on a oxydrive kit?
I can't answer that, but it works on my Panda Pro FWD kit. Do you have a splined BB cup? You need that for the PAS housing to be pushed into.

Advertisers