Wild Boar Chase MTB Challenge May 20th

D

Deleted member 4366

I was thinking the same. Why would someone want to pay £30 for a day's riding, when you can do it for nothing?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
all so called charity's are corporations for profit these days go look at the pay the ceo gets paid per year and then what they invest the money they make in offshore accounts to avoid paying tax on there profit very little gets paid out to anyone bar them.

D

Deleted member 4366

Its a charity event if you don’t give to charity that’s up to you definitely
But why bitch about the event to those who do support charities or want too take part and support the event .
As for how much goes to charity they raised £15k last time that went to charity so all good really :)
Obviously there’s some expense incurred with advertising and organising the event but that’s life
And let’s face it £30 is naff all these days .
Nobody's bitching about it as far as I can see. I give loads of money to charities, some by monthly direct debit and other directly to the recipients. I sponsor two kids at a time to go to school in Bali. People can give their money where they want. I don't have a problem with donation boxes being provided at any event, but I still can't understand why someone would want to take part in a bike ride, run, walk or whatever, where the requirement to pay is mandatory and you can do the same any other time without having to pay, and you can give your money to whatever charity you want, knowing that it won't necessarily be swallowed up by people making a nice little earner out of the event.

D

Deleted member 22539

I tell you what
I will delete all my posts as what im saying doesnt seem to agree with people one way or another

• :D
Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Looks like the site may be down
I only put the site up to let people know the event was on just in case anyone wants to give it a try, the money they make will stop in the foddc but I don't know what it costs to setup.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can go on the day and ride the fod they cant stop you as its public land.

what they going to do phone the police lol:p

Related Articles

Advertisers