Window Shopping....as you do...

Discussion in 'Electric Mountain Bikes (eMTBs)' started by Dom T, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Dom T

Dom T Pedelecer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gubbins

Gubbins Pedelecer

North UK where men are men and Sheep are Nervous
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dom T

Dom T Pedelecer

Like wise it would be the selling on off the Haibike, still there's nowt wrong with window shopping. I'd have another Haibike also as I do like mine and it's done good thus far.

4. Doomanic

Doomanic Finding my (electric) wheels

I love window shopping for bikes.

For me it would have to be one of the new generation of long travel eMTBs with big batteries, the bigger the better.

5. Russelliow

Russelliow Finding my (electric) wheels

Only had mine a year nearly but was eyeing up a Madera with Shimano drive. Apparently the Shimano unit has better IP rating.

6. Gubbins

Gubbins Pedelecer

Window shopping or internet browsing is fine as long as I don't go in! I think the manufacturers are somehow adding a love drug pheromone thing to the bikes so its like the sailors being bewitched by the sirens of old making the bikes almost irresistible with a small voice in my head saying things like .. You might not be here next week so why not?
    Unfortunately I am very weak and easily led astray..

• Like Like x 3
  7. oyster

oyster Pedelecer

Have a madera, m'dear, You really have nothing to fear. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. oyster

oyster Pedelecer

Think I'm safe at the moment regarding internet shopping. Our broadband speed is so poor we can't receive the pheromones - they keep breaking up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Dom T

Dom T Pedelecer

I know them pheromones all too well, but then there's the on-line shopping devil.....I haven't listened to him as yet, but he's very persuasive.....repeat after me....you don't need a new bike...

10. Gubbins

Gubbins Pedelecer

I don't have to repeat that mantra.. wife automatically does it for me and sometimes I dont think she knows she is saying it.. strangely I don't need a new phone either!
    Now if I had alexa i wouldnt dare utter the words..

11. Steve A

Steve A Pedelecer

Nothing wrong with window shopping, but haven't seen enough advances to warrant buying anything to replace my bike. The Canyons odd wheel sizes does not appeal though.

12. Trevormonty

Trevormonty Pedelecer

Wife and I feel for impulse buy for her new bike. She gets a better bike, I get access to 2nd battery, just need to offload old bike will still in warranty.

13. Tom Rae

Tom Rae Pedelecer

In UK, the warranty is not transferable, is it different in NZ?

Tom

14. Gubbins

Gubbins Pedelecer

When LBS was going to sell my Scott on a commission basis they told me that both Scott and Bosch warranties are with the original purchaser and are not transferable. I checked with Scott and they confirmed that to be the case..

15. Tom Rae

Tom Rae Pedelecer

It would be good if someone would challenge this. I can see no reason for it and it dramatically affects the retail price as buyers are wary.

Tom

16. Gubbins

Gubbins Pedelecer

Resale values are low anyway I mentioned selling mine to a friend when it was 1 year old for £1500 (Scott e-genius 910 cost £4000) and reply was why would I buy that when I can get a brand new G-Tech for less money. LBS suggested £1800 would be the price to ask for.. So decided to keep it.

17. soundwave

soundwave Pedelecer

18. EddiePJ

EddiePJ Pedelecer

My reason for not being keen, is that I like to swap my tyres around. Maximising the use from them.

The Commencal Meta Power does look rather nice though.

19. Russelliow

Russelliow Finding my (electric) wheels

Someone should develop a conversion kit so out of warranty cx units can be replaced with bafang or other drive units.

20. soundwave

soundwave Pedelecer

all that you would need is a mounting bracket as it has been done on this bike.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice