Window Shopping....as you do...

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I don't know how many miles it would take to get to "abroad" to go collect mine. Shall I be quiet now Gubbins :);)
No. It's all good stuff really. I have 2 bikes and like them both but have seen my ideal bike and really fancy it. Only issue is onbike in Worcester is the nearest dealer and it's a fair treck from Yorkshire so .. dream on.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
This is what I am using at the moment and as you can see I have gone to great lengths to make it into something it isn't. So I want is to buy something that already is... if that makes any sense..
I think you may mean a full suspension touring bike?

I have one ideal bike now, it just needs a motor mounted, front mudguards and a neck rest to be functional + all the goodies that make up creature comfort... They mount up quite quickly don't they? :D

On my window shopping list is the butchers & bicycles tilting cargo trike. A utilitarian bike for mucking about - fishing gear, boating gear and shopping.

And third a folder - completely unnecessary thus essential... :rolleyes: I could carry it around in my cargo trike :cool:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I think you may mean a full suspension touring bike?

I have one ideal bike now, it just needs a motor mounted, front mudguards and a neck rest to be functional + all the goodies that make up creature comfort... They mount up quite quickly don't they? :D

On my window shopping list is the butchers & bicycles tilting cargo trike. A utilitarian bike for mucking about - fishing gear, boating gear and shopping.

And third a folder - completely unnecessary thus essential... :rolleyes: I could carry it around in my cargo trike :cool:
I don't think there is such a thing. The rack and mudguards on the scott are a bodge at best.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Reactions: Kristoffer Hansen

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Some lovely bikes there and yep my haibike will be my "everyday" bike....on road up the local hillock to play and practise any skills, to the mother in laws and my kids, spare ones for my boys and brother to use, spare ones in case my new one fails in any way.....tis all well thought out.... The R&M bikes are very nice, but not foe me.

Doomanic

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2017
uk
My Trek is shaping up well as my ideal bike, lacking only in range.
Some of the 2018 bikes are high on the want scale but are out of budget and don’t answer the range conundrum. Hopefully by the time I need to replace my battery the technology will have advanced enough to address it

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
My Trek is shaping up well as my ideal bike, lacking only in range.
Some of the 2018 bikes are high on the want scale but are out of budget and don’t answer the range conundrum. Hopefully by the time I need to replace my battery the technology will have advanced enough to address it
Several now have a double battery option.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
I shall just purchase another battery, well another 2 for the Canyon's.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
As below but with the new rohlof e14 for Bosch gearbox.
https://www.onbike.co.uk/electric-bikes/riese-muller/supercharger-gx-rohloff.html
Don't want to buy without trying first and onbike is the nearest.
Hi Gubbin
My 140 cube FS eMTB is similar to yours. I'm slowing setting it up for touring. Fitted Jones H Bars with more vertical stem. Gives more upright position and solves problem of sore hands and wrists on long road rides. Another big plus is place to fit bottle holders. Still useable for MTBing but I'd still switch back to flat bars if planning few days MTBing. Yet to find decent seat and buy thule freeloader rack.

Purion display would also be useful, makes switching bars easier and removes wire clutter, so I can sling bag under bars.

Having spare set of wheels means switching between MTBing and road tyres only takes 5 minutes.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Have to wait a while to get them, dispatch 16th April. We could have had them a week earlier if I'd gone for the red and black, but don't like the colour and we'd be away as well.
Quite excited to say the least.
Ha! Well a new bike is always exciting. Which is a strange coincidence, as I've just taken delivery of a new one myself. And (in the dark at least), its a rather lovely red and black looking colour, LOL.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Gubbin
My 140 cube FS eMTB is similar to yours. I'm slowing setting it up for touring. Fitted Jones H Bars with more vertical stem. Gives more upright position and solves problem of sore hands and wrists on long road rides. Another big plus is place to fit bottle holders. Still useable for MTBing but I'd still switch back to flat bars if planning few days MTBing. Yet to find decent seat and buy thule freeloader rack.

Purion display would also be useful, makes switching bars easier and removes wire clutter, so I can sling bag under bars.

Having spare set of wheels means switching between MTBing and road tyres only takes 5 minutes.
I have the Purion but took it off to fit the Cobi which I am getting to like more and more now its working right. I dont have a problem with off road tyres on the road which I run soft at around 25 to 30 psi as they seem grippy and confidence inspiring, and I often get up past 40 mph on the big downhills around here, most of which need a big stop for 90 degree turns at the bottom. a few years back I tried road specific 29ers but they were not as good, very hard and bumpy and I didn't like them,
Water bottles are a big issue on the MTB but.. my dream bike had bottles fitted studs as per pics which I havnt seen before..
supercharger-gt-touring-cadre-gris-bleu-muller.jpg riese-muller-delite-mountain-fabric-water-bottles-frame-mounted-426x213-c-center.jpg supercharger-gt-touring-cadre-gris-bleu-muller.jpg riese-muller-delite-mountain-fabric-water-bottles-frame-mounted-426x213-c-center.jpg bottle.jpg

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Should rally change the name of this thread as I'm no longer just window shopping :), but I won't as others may be window shopping.
It'll be 4 weeks tomorrow before we get them.....:(

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Should rally change the name of this thread as I'm no longer just window shopping :), but I won't as others may be window shopping.
It'll be 4 weeks tomorrow before we get them.....:(
Because of N+1 rule, I'm always window shopping.

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
You just have to live by rules as that's what they are made for the N+1 rule is a must ;):)

Related Articles

Advertisers