Windows 10 pop ups

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Does anyone know how to defeat those bloody annoying po ups in the bottom right corner of windows 10?
Some times my mouse passes over the area and the click bait pop up appears interupting what I'm actually doing. Occaisionally it just won't close and I have to reboot the laptop.
Only instructions I can find use Google Chrome which I quite deliberately don't have - use Firefox.
Not greatly techy and can't find anything in setting etc.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Thanks Lenny. I'll have to spend time trying to absorb all this stuff. I often finf that there's jargon and nomenclature that leaves me clueless.

budwilson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 7, 2023
Just for my knowledge. May I know about which kind of pop up youre getting?

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
If the mouse goes into the right hand corner an annoying window pops up that is full of asenine click bait. Most of the time it clears when the mouse is moved away. However, occaisionaly, it will not clear and laptop has to be re-booted.

Didn't ask for it, don't want it. They are super annoying.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Yes, that's it.
Don't really care what it's called, it's intrusive, annoying, unwanted and I find I can live my life without all this stuff.
Who knew?:cool:

budwilson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 7, 2023
Did you manage to get rid of that? Now that I think, I also can live without those stuffs.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
No. I have altered notifications settings (can't remember where) which has turned the 'search' window on the bottom right tool bar, into a sort of newspaper icon. This has reduced the area that responds to the mouse. However the large pop up window, with all it's garbage conrent, will still interupt given the chance.

Advertisers