Wisper 705 Classic

Big Al

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 1, 2013
Any Wisper Classic 705 users on this forum ?
I'm considering buying one , what's your opinion of it ?
I'm 18 stone & 6' tall . I really need a bike with throttle assist for when I need it.
I used to cycle a lot but an illness prevents me somewhat. I've heard great things about e.bikes & hope this is my way forward ?
Thoughts please

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Wisper enjoy a good name both for the quality of the bike and the quality of back-up service, so you need have no worries about buying one.

As mentioned in your earlier thread, there are not so many bikes these days with a twist throttle which assists to full speed, so your choice may not be as wide as it first appears.

The Wisper will take your weight easily, although you might not get on with the suspension seatpost.

Not because it will break, but they are designed for lighter riders.

Easy enough to change it for a rigid post, or you might be able to lock it by fully winding the allen key adjuster in the tube.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Wisper enjoy a good name both for the quality of the bike and the quality of back-up service, so you need have no worries about buying one.

As mentioned in your earlier thread, there are not so many bikes these days with a twist throttle which assists to full speed, so your choice may not be as wide as it first appears.

The Wisper will take your weight easily, although you might not get on with the suspension seatpost.

Not because it will break, but they are designed for lighter riders.

Easy enough to change it for a rigid post, or you might be able to lock it by fully winding the allen key adjuster in the tube.
Thanks Rob, for your kind words!

Best regards

David

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
I'm about your height and weight and it was never an issue for my old 905se, and the new Whispers are probably much better.

Big Al

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 1, 2013
Cheers Streethawk,
I'm still considering the Wisper 705 Classic but will probably wait until the Spring before buying .

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Big Al,

The Wisper 705Classic would be perfect for you. Please try one first and make up your own mind though!

You can now buy a Wisper 25% down and the balance at 0% interest over 2 years.... Just a thought....

All the best

David :)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
As I say, try before you buy!! ;)

I should also mention that now on FreeGo or Wisper bikes we have added a new warranty.

We are so confident in our product that if your bike has a problem in it's first year and we cannot get you back on the road within 5 working days, we will swap it for a new one.

Of course if anyone is looking for a cheaper bike the FreeGo Hawk Step through at £999.00 with the above guaranty is a great option.

All the best

David

Last edited: