Wisper 705SE LCD Panel

Donna

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2016
Devon
Ok I'm sure i must be doing something wrong but I can't work out how to reset the trip meter, I have followed the instructions in the manual that I eventually got a copy of but nothing happens

All I can see on my display is trip it does not even toggle between OD /Trip

I am a little disappointed that after pay nearly £1000 for a bike it doesn't come with a printed manual & the shop that sold it to me don't seem to know enough about the bike, I have already had the part that covers the electrics on it break & whilst the part was here within a few days I wouldn't expect problems so quickly,

Have phoned amps & have been assured David will call on his return as there was nobody there that could tell me how the LCD should work

I went for Wisper as we had a dealer locally but I really hope I haven't made the wrong decision as so far I am not impressed

D

Deleted member 4366

That says more about your dealer than the bike. He/she doesn't care enough about his/her customers to be able to help them with the product.

Nearly all similar LCDs that I've used reset the trip like this: You can only do it after the LCD has been switched on for a while, otherwise it will go to the settings menu. Press and hold the up and down buttons together for a couple of seconds. That's it.

Donna

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2016
Devon
That says more about your dealer than the bike. He/she doesn't care enough about his/her customers to be able to help them with the product.

Nearly all similar LCDs that I've used reset the trip like this: You can only do it after the LCD has been switched on for a while, otherwise it will go to the settings menu. Press and hold the up and down buttons together for a couple of seconds. That's it.
I will try again after leaving panel on for a little while, In fairness to the dealer they have only been dealing with whisper bikes for a short time & I just think they maybe need to get a little more training as we all know ebikes are different to regular bikes,
I like my bike overall but if the back up is not there when needed I might have well not bought locally

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I never understood why some manufacturers do not like making their manuals available for download from their websites.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes
D

Deleted member 4366

I wouldn't be fair to them at all. When you buy a complex product, like an electric bike, they should be able to instruct you how to use it properly. How do you know that you're not missing other information that might be vital?

Donna

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2016
Devon
I never understood why some manufacturers do not like making their manuals available for download from their websites.
I have now managed to download the manual, But I think there should be printed manuals when you purchase a new bike

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Donna,

Sorry to read about your issues.

I do have your message and am currently in contact with the programmers to find out what the problem is. I am waiting for a response, it's a holiday in China but we have managed to raise the tech manager of the manufacturer. We can reset the Odo and the Trip together but I understand that isn't what we need here. I will call you as soon as I have an answer.

We are happy to supply you with a printed manual, please email me your address and we will get one out today. In the mean time, they are all available in the downloads section on our web pages.

https://amps.bike/electric-bike-manuals/

Regarding the controller cover, we did have an issue with the screw posts resulting in a few of the covers coming loose, however this has now been completely rectified. Sorry for any inconvenience, I am pleased to hear it was sorted for you in a few days.

In the mean time. is there anything else I can assist you with?

Regards, David

• Informative
Reactions: trex

Donna

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2016
Devon
I wouldn't be fair to them at all. When you buy a complex product, like an electric bike, they should be able to instruct you how to use it properly. How do you know that you're not missing other information that might be vital?

I guess your right I could be missing information that I need, I have tried again to reset but nothing happens, David from Amps is going to call me on Monday so hopefully will sort it then, I know its not vital to reset trip but I expect all functions to work as they should & I really have no idea what could be wrong

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Dave, The Bike Cellar Plymouth are a relatively new stockist but are very competent. It's not fair to blame them when there quite clearly is an issue to be addressed with the trip reset. It is my responsibility to sort this out. As you know we are second to none in customer service and will resolve this matter very quickly now it has been bought to our attention, it might take a few days but if needed we will fly new LCDs in and replace them.

All the best, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Donna, I will call you in a few minutes. It seems there is a glitch with the software in the LCD which means you can only reset the Odo and the trip at the same time. This will not effect any of the other functions on your bike.

I have just ordered 50 new LCD's to be sent by UPS to us here in Kent, the reprogramming will be done tomorrow and I will get one out to you as soon as they arrive.

If anyone else has Wisper SE with the same issue, please email me and I will send a new LCD out as soon as possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience, I hope this helps.

Kind regards, David

Donna

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2016
Devon
Hi Donna,

Sorry to read about your issues.

I do have your message and am currently in contact with the programmers to find out what the problem is. I am waiting for a response, it's a holiday in China but we have managed to raise the tech manager of the manufacturer. We can reset the Odo and the Trip together but I understand that isn't what we need here. I will call you as soon as I have an answer.

We are happy to supply you with a printed manual, please email me your address and we will get one out today. In the mean time, they are all available in the downloads section on our web pages.

https://amps.bike/electric-bike-manuals/

Regarding the controller cover, we did have an issue with the screw posts resulting in a few of the covers coming loose, however this has now been completely rectified. Sorry for any inconvenience, I am pleased to hear it was sorted for you in a few days.

In the mean time. is there anything else I can assist you with?

Regards, David
Hello David

Apparently the shop I got it from now has a printed manual for me I will collect it when I collect the cover tomorrow

I have tried several times to reset the trip but nothing works & I think I might have gone into wheel settings by mistake so need to confirm what that should be, I await to hear from you regarding the problem, I can take a photo of the panel when it is switched on if that helps you to see if it is as it should be

Thanks

Donna

Donna

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2016
Devon
Hi Dave, The Bike Cellar Plymouth are a relatively new stockist but are very competent. It's not fair to blame them when there quite clearly is an issue to be addressed with the trip reset. It is my responsibility to sort this out. As you know we are second to none in customer service and will resolve this matter very quickly now it has been bought to our attention, it might take a few days but if needed we will fly new LCDs in and replace them.

All the best, David
Hi David

I wasn't going to the name the shop as I previously stated they were extremely helpful when I phoned with problem about cover & they apologised I do feel however that they might benefit from a little extra training with regards to bikes

They are a very competent bike shop & there knowledge of standard bikes is second to none & I am sure in time they will have the same knowledge with ebikes, As a small business myself I understand it takes time for you to know all you need to about new products.

I appreciate you dealing with the problem as soon as you were made aware, In hindsight I should have let you know I thought there was a problem as soon as I could not reset the trip

On the plus side I am loosing weight now I have taken up cycling which was exactly why I bought my bike so its achieving what I wanted

Thanks Again

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Donna,

I'm just waiting for a few minutes to see if the trip reset works after the LCD has been turned on for a few minutes as Dave suggests. I will call soon.

All the best, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Donna, some good news...

As you know, we thought we were going to have to replace the LCD handlebar displays as there did not seem to be a way to zero the trip.

We have discovered that rather than the software being wrong, there was a typo in the manual.

To zero the trip and not the ODO please do the following

Once the bike is turned on, you can toggle between the trip and ODO by double clicking on the up and down arrows.

When on trip you can zero it, simply by double clicking on the on/off button. The ODO will not be effected.

Any questions please let me know.

All the best

David

Reactions: D8ve

Cheshire4Dave

Just Joined
Jul 28, 2017
Cheshire
I've just bought the 705se and been out for my first long ride and wanted to reset the trip but couldn't. By messing with the buttons, I managed to change the mph display and have messed it up. I don't have an ODO just Trip. The 705se manual refers to another led manual which I can't find on the Wisper website. I'm mystified. Man I have a link the led manual that corresponds to my 705se please?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I've just bought the 705se and been out for my first long ride and wanted to reset the trip but couldn't. By messing with the buttons, I managed to change the mph display and have messed it up. I don't have an ODO just Trip. The 705se manual refers to another led manual which I can't find on the Wisper website. I'm mystified. Man I have a link the led manual that corresponds to my 705se please?
Hi Dave,

Drop me a line David@wisperbikes.com I'll send you one.

All the best, David

Advertisers