Wisper 905 SE Crossbar or Raleigh Array E-Motion Crossbar 700c

Which bike do I buy?

• Wisper 905 SE Crossbarn 2018?

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Raleigh Array E-Motion Crossbar 700c 2018?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stew

Just Joined
Jun 4, 2018
I live up a hill and have been looking to buy an e-bike. My organisation has just introduced a cycle scheme and, due to price etc the choice comes down to two bikes. Which do I buy? Note other bikes are not on the menu!

Both of these are the current 2018 models.

Wisper 905 SE Crossbar

Has rear drive and a better display and looks okay. Only issue I have is how terrible the manual and usability of the bike is! I work to make things usable by people and this company really really needs to get someone who is not an engineer to design how their bikes work. Also from a cycling point of view - the need to push off before the help kicks in worries me as there are many traffic lights up the hill on my way home. The torque model is not an option. This feels like a bike built by engineers. This puts me off.

Raleigh Array E-Motion Crossbar

Front drive, very basic and very straightforward. Has a frame lock etc. Most reviews say how usable and straightforward this bike is as well as solidly built. But is it too basic? What would I miss out on that the wisper has - apart from usability issues?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Stew, thanks for the message.

With cadence sensor bikes you do have to move the pedals before the power kicks in, if you are having problems starting off simply twist the throttle, this will give you instant power and you do not then need to rotate the pedals to turn on the assistance.

The bike has been designed by engineers but I like to think they are pretty straight forward to use, after 5 minutes or so in the saddle you will feel very comfortable.

All the best, David

Stew

Just Joined
Jun 4, 2018
Hi Stew, thanks for the message.

With cadence sensor bikes you do have to move the pedals before the power kicks in, if you are having problems starting off simply twist the throttle, this will give you instant power and you do not then need to rotate the pedals to turn on the assistance.
Thanks David,

Ah - I'd missed the throttle part of the bike.

Can I suggest you improve the description and details on your website?

I'm sure you guys are great Engineers - i do think you need some more support for your design and customer communication - although I do appreciate taking time to directly reply to potential customers!.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hi Stew, I have found the Wisper 905se very usable in the eight months i have owned it. As for hills i live in the Peak District and regularly do rides of 25 miles and overall elevation climbs of 2500ft.