Wisper 905se

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
SOLD to forum member - Wisper 905se

I've decided to sell my Wisper 905se.

Reason for sale is that, since buying it, I've got into cycling a lot more, got a lot fitter, and now ride a non-electric bike just about every day. For the last few months my wife has been the main user but she has never been so keen on the style and wants to choose her own bike this Christmas. It's not been ridden for a couple of months, so there's no point in it just sitting in the garage gathering dust!

It's been a great bike; done some epic journeys, including from London to the South Coast and to Bristol, and round Belgium. Altogether it has done about 1,000 miles. Like other Wispers, the battery performs well; We've rarely run it to empty, but it has always given 30+ miles.

It's the variant with suspension forks plus rack and full mudguards. There are a set of Sport mudguards (unused) which came with it. It also came with a spare handgrip, lights (dynamo and solar-powered front + battery rear). They're all included, plus the original Kenda tyres (I upgraded the tyres to Schwalbe Marathon Plus).

I've fixed a few other things on it so everything works exactly as it should. From memory I have: fitted a Cateye computer; fitted a torque arm to protect the rear drop-outs from damage; corrected the wiring problem which made the pedelec operation a bit jerky on the early 905se's; replaced the rear brakes with black Shimano ones which work better, and carried out Flecc's half-throttle modification to make holding the throttle open easier on the wrist. It's got a few scratches from normal use but not more than would be expected.

I must have made a couple of hundred posts on here about just about every aspect of the bike so, rather than reproduce it all, I'd suggest having a look through my old posts and searching for Wisper to get a very full life story!

I still have the box it came in so could possibly send it, but would prefer collection.

I'd like £700 for it. I'll leave it here for a few days and, if no takers, I'll put it on eBay.

Frank

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Sorry to see you go Frank

Hi Frank

Fantastic news that you are feeling so fit you can resume riding non electric bike. We really should be making a lot more the whole fitness aspect to ebikes!

Re the old 905. we would be happy to give you £700.00 PX against a new 705se which has a step through frame and a more relaxed riding position. If you would like some images and more details please email me at miall@aol.com.

All the best.

Best regards David

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Thanks David,

I now commute to work every day on a non-electric bike, whereas I used to do it about once every 6 weeks, and also do much more leisure riding, and am much fitter than I was a couple of years ago. I certainly wouldn´t have done it without having a motor to start me off, but now really enjoy cycling unaided. So I won´t take up your kind offer, but thank-you neverthless!

Regards,

Frank