Wisper 906 Battery

Burgo

Just Joined
Mar 3, 2016
Hi,

I have a 2010/2011 Wisper 906 bike, the battery has some faulty cells and needs to be replaced (the battery shows fully charged then just dies abruptly)

The problem I have is I reside in Australia, and the bike shop I bought the Wisper from no longer sells them, so they can't supply a new battery. There appears to be no other resellers of Wisper in Australia either.

They did attempt to just replace the cells in the existing case though, but the cells they now use do not fit in the Wisper battery case.

Any ideas on how to get replacement cells that do fit the existing battery box (part # & potential suppliers?) or a new genuine Wisper battery?

I understand that airlines will not ship Lithium batteries, so that may limit sourcing from overseas.

thanks

Burgo

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Burgo,

We are currently in the process of opening a new stockist in OZ, however in the mean time we would be please to ship to you directly by sea.

All the best

David

Burgo

Just Joined
Mar 3, 2016
Hi Burgo,

We are currently in the process of opening a new stockist in OZ, however in the mean time we would be please to ship to you directly by sea.

All the best

David
Thanks David, prior to your post I tracked down a business in Victoria that would replace the battery inside the existing case for me, at a very competitive price.

The actual battery is shorter and lighter than the original (fits in the existing case), and it works well.

My bike has previously exhibited the problems raised in other posts, namely noisy motor and the motor protection regularly cutting out.

In another post you mentioned that you have new fuse cap holders as the existing ones were limiting the power to the motor, and also reprograming of the controller, how do I obtain these?

Thanks

Burgo

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks David, prior to your post I tracked down a business in Victoria that would replace the battery inside the existing case for me, at a very competitive price.

The actual battery is shorter and lighter than the original (fits in the existing case), and it works well.

My bike has previously exhibited the problems raised in other posts, namely noisy motor and the motor protection regularly cutting out.

In another post you mentioned that you have new fuse cap holders as the existing ones were limiting the power to the motor, and also reprograming of the controller, how do I obtain these?

Thanks

Burgo
Hi Burgo, the DAPU motors on the 2010 906 was quite noisy. Since then we have changed supplier, however we do have some in stock that are quieter than the first.

Regarding the fuse cap holder, we do have them in stock.

Why do you need to reprogramme the controller?

The best way to resolve these issues is to email Claud at support@amps.bike

All the best, David

Burgo

Just Joined
Mar 3, 2016
Thanks David, I'll email Claud.

As to why reprogramming the controller, it is from your comments on another thread on this forum about a noisy 906 motor:

"We have recently manufactured a new output fuse cap holder having found the standard unit we were using was restricting the current. If you would like to drop me a line I will send you a new one, hopefully this will reduce any noise you are experiencing. We have also just finished reprogramming the controller to give a higher output and to allow more power to be sent to the motor without the motor protection system cutting the power. If the fuse cap holder mod does not cure the noise the new controller certainly will."

cheers

Burgo

Burgo

Just Joined
Mar 3, 2016
If there are other Wisper (or other brands for that matter) owners in Australia looking for a replacement battery from a local supplier, they may be interested in the contact details for the business that sold me my replacement...hopefully that is not against forum rules.

Electric Bikes and Stuff

http://www.electricbikesandstuff.com.au/

located in Greenvale VIC
PH: +61 422 502 885

happy to recommend them as they provided very good service at a reasonable price.

cheers

Advertisers