Wisper bike problem with pedelec

oregon

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2008
Palmers Green, London
Hi everyone

I have a Wisper 905 which I purchased in December 2013. It has always worked fine but now the pedelec mode no longer functions. The motor does not start when peddling. I have tried all the gears but nothing.

The throttle does work, however.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Many thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Check the PAS sensor and magnet ring under the bottom bracket where the pedals are situated. There should be a gap of 1 or 2 mm between the wired sensor and magnet disc, more then likely the disc has moved out of alignment.
If no luck try contacting David @ Amps bikes or he will probably pick this query up as he is often on here to help out.

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Check the PAS sensor and magnet ring under the bottom bracket where the pedals are situated. There should be a gap of 1 or 2 mm between the wired sensor and magnet disc, more then likely the disc has moved out of alignment.
If no luck try contacting David @ Amps bikes or he will probably pick this query up a she is often on here to help out.
She!? :p

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi everyone

I have a Wisper 905 which I purchased in December 2013. It has always worked fine but now the pedelec mode no longer functions. The motor does not start when peddling. I have tried all the gears but nothing.

The throttle does work, however.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Many thanks
Hi Oregon,

Nealh and Tring are probably correct, it could however be the sender, if re-aligning the disc doesn't work I suggest you call Claud on 01732 762393, he will certainly be able to sort you out straight away.

All the best, David

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Rectified now you are no longer a she women back to a he man :D.

oregon

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2008
Palmers Green, London
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I just had a look as suggested, and it looks like the round metal part has snapped in half. I only have one half of it now.

Can I buy a replacement? Is it easy to fit? I am no good at these things and havent a clue about bike repairs, etc....

I have attached a photo of it.

Many thanks for any advice.IMG_9438.JPG

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I just had a look as suggested, and it looks like the round metal part has snapped in half. I only have one half of it now.

Can I buy a replacement? Is it easy to fit? I am no good at these things and havent a clue about bike repairs, etc....
The easy fit mag ring is held together by an outer large snap ring, in your case then not only has the snap been lost also the magnetic ring has broken properly. Something has wrenched or caught the ring initially braking/ damaging it and at some stage the snap ring has come off.
Easy to fit as it is a two part plastic magnet ring with a outer snap ring, can be a bit fiddly on the chain wheel /drive side unless they are removed first.
Speak to David Miall at Amps, he is very good and probably can supply you with a new 3 part easy fit pas disc.

Other wise you have to get the sensor as well as part of the pas kit.
http://www.oxydrive.co.uk/store/#!/~/product/id=63979&prid=25&ctid=11&tp=pv
Or
https://www.pandaebikes.com/shop/extras/easy-fit-pedal-assist-sensor-pas-panda-eco/

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: oregon and VictoryV

oregon

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2008
Palmers Green, London
I have asked Claude to order me the magnetic ring. He advised that this is the only part that I need. Is it supposed to come together with the snap ring?

Also, I was told that the pedals would have to be taken off with a special tool, so it is unlikely that I will be able to do this repair myself...

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Cam,

The magnetic disc comes as one part, there is no snap ring. There was a period where mag discs came in two halves and snapped together however they often snapped apart too!

The pedals can be taken off easily enough, but the crank and chain wheel have to be taken off too. This will require a crank puller, most bike shops will be able to do this job for you. Any Wisper dealer can do this job easily.

If we can be of further assistance please let me know.

All the best, David

Reactions: oregon