Wisper controller

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
There is always a lot of posts about different controllers/displays and I wondered if there is any benefit in retrofitting an old bike with a new one.

I currently have an elderly 905 se which is totally reliable and goes as well as it ever did, but feeling in a tinkering mood I wondered if there is any benefit.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's the same kit I got off them and use with with a Q128C. The controller is quite small it and all of the wiring fits nicely in a decent large under saddle bag. It is dual voltage and automatically senses 36 or 48v.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351059405643?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=620288361021&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
The throttle is the nice new style and gives full power very smoothly and gives a nice boost to the pas from stand still, the controller has a speed restriction on it simply disconnect the 2 white wires to get 30% more speed.
The lamp is nice and ideal for about town with out blinding every one and has the little peep peep horn in the back of it both are operated by the green/red buttons on the handle bar switch, I also wired in a rear lamp to it as well so both turn on and off with the switch. There is affair bit of wiring to go back and forth but is easily and nicely sorted by getting some 5mm internal dia spiral wrap to neatly tidy it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160956288816?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=460147582811&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITup.

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
There is always a lot of posts about different controllers/displays and I wondered if there is any benefit in retrofitting an old bike with a new one.

I currently have an elderly 905 se which is totally reliable and goes as well as it ever did, but feeling in a tinkering mood I wondered if there is any benefit.
Hi KJ, if you give us a call on Monday, speak to Claud He will advise you and if it's possible sort you out with the parts.

All the best, David

Reactions: VictoryV
D

Deleted member 4366

D8veh do you think that would work with my Freego Eagle instead of buying new motor. Along with getting battery refurbed and maybe uprated
It'll work with any hall sensor motor, so have a look at your motor wires or connector. 9-pin connector is good. 3 thick motor wires and 5 or 6 thin ones is also good. Three or 6 pins is bad. Three wires on their own is bad.

Note that you nearly always have to change something to get it all connected up, so you need to understand basic wiring.

Reactions: gray198