Won myself an off-road fun bike today

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hmmm!!! 1kw DD hub hope when you get it that you are not too underwhelmed with it's lack of punch (torque)at low speed and on inclines.
Let us know your thoughts as you have a 250w CD bike to compare it with.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

Rich_uk

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2018
West Midlands
Hmmm!!! 1kw DD hub hope when you get it that you are not too underwhelmed with it's lack of punch (torque)at low speed and on inclines.
Let us know your thoughts as you have a 250w CD bike to compare it with.
I had a DIY 1000w bike a few years ago, which I didn’t keep for very long as it wasn’t the best build and I’m a bit fussy and couldn’t live with it, power wise though I remember it being punchier than the Cube off the mark as you could give it full beans with the throttle as you pulled away so it was instant full power, and it flew uphill. Unless I’m remembering it wrong or the one I had was particularly powerful or something.

Sutty86

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2017
Skipton
Comparing my 1000w to an Halfords crossfire e,
The 1000w is a beast and the Halfords was the beaity...
Nealth you must of had a duff controller or battery has I'm more overwhelmed.
50kph I'm getting and I'm 17st

Reactions: LeighPing

Rich_uk

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2018
West Midlands
I didn’t get the bike in the end, turned out the guy was a fruit loop. I was meant to collect it last night but just couldn’t make it in the end so sent a message apologising and saying I’d collect the weekend, he replied saying he thought I was messing him around on purpose and asked me to pay by PayPal, I didn’t see that message until this morning by which time he’d cancelled the auction, relisted it as a buy now for less money than I’d won it for, and sold it!

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
One of the many problems sellers on ebay have is messers who make arrangements and then don't stick to them. The more it happens to you, the less tollerant you become to it. I'm sure you had a very good reason for not collecting the bike, but from his point of view, how is he to know you not gonna make another excuse at the weekend. you are complete strangers who know nothing of each others circumstances.

Rich_uk

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2018
West Midlands
One of the many problems sellers on ebay have is messers who make arrangements and then don't stick to them. The more it happens to you, the less tollerant you become to it. I'm sure you had a very good reason for not collecting the bike, but from his point of view, how is he to know you not gonna make another excuse at the weekend. you are complete strangers who know nothing of each others circumstances.
I hear what you’re saying but I’ve been on eBay for years and sold several items that needed collection and I’ve never had a problem, I’ve had people’s plans change and they’ve came later and collected the item, I’ve never felt to need to panic at the first problem and cancel the deal. I sent a long apologetic and explanatory message which he replied to and then because I hadn’t replied back within a couple of hours he cancelled on me.

I now have the hassle of getting to the bank to put the cash back in my account, the cash that I had to go to 3 or 4 different cashpoints for last night to draw out.

Advertisers