Woosh Big Bear 2017 specs, £750 - Location Maidstone, Kent.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
One of our customers in Maidstone, Kent, has decided to sell his Big Bear.
This one is exceptional, not only it is the new 2017 model with soft grips and thumb throttle, it's not even on the website yet.
It has also got a very comfortable gel saddle and NCX seat post. At this price, you'd better hurry.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?secondhand

BIG BEAR 2017 specs, with 15AH battery
Only 534 miles on the clock
IMMACULATE CONDITION WITH NO MARKS SCUFFS OR SCRATCHES AS NEW

36V 15AH battery, range about 45-50 miles
full specifications: /?bigbear
Bought Sept 2016.
Still has 9 months gurantee.
Upgraded NCX seat post.
Upgraded gel saddle.

Suggested offer: £750
New price: £1,049.
Please call.

Click on pictures for magnified version.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it probably would - he can even get himself a NuVinci hubgear with budget to spare.
Andy88 won't be back to the UK before Feb, too late for this one, it has to go to make room for Christmas pressies I guess.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It's not your frame, David.
let's not start that old chestnut again.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Of course it's our frame. We proved this without doubt ages ago. I don't have a problem to your using it though, as I say, I am flattered. :)

Good colour choice too!! ;)

All the best

David

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
That's just silly. Of course it's a generic frame, quite popular on e-bikes. We've discussed it many years ago.
You may have modified it a little, put your label on it and claim it's yours.
I do same, except I wouldn't claim it's ours.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Let's not go into this again, you may have hours and hours of free time but unfortunately I don't.

Last time this came up, I provided then original drawings and challenged anyone to find any electric bike using this frame before we deigned and made the first one. Of course no one could.

As I have said, I find it very flattering that people continue to use our frame design and even more so when they choose exactly the same colours as our bikes too!

Instead of arguing, maybe you should just be grateful for all the hard work we put onto the original. I know many don't like the fact that were are pioneers in the market, but we can't help that. We are as always very pleased to be of assistance to you all.

Kind regards

David :)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
David, I really don't know where you want to go with this, but as far as we are concerned, the copyright and tooling of the frame of the Big Bear belong to the frame factory. They are of course willing to make modifications for their customers on request, as they have done so for us on numerous times. Please refrain in the future from making baseless accusations.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Trex, you completely misunderstand me!

I am delighted that you feel our frame is so good that you want to use it especially as it's so old now, it just goes to show a classic design never gets old. I put a lot of effort into the design and am naturally pleased it is still being used, we stopped using it a few years ago.

I have absolutely nothing against you guys. Please don't worry.

I wish you every success.

Kind regards

David :)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
David, after 5 minute search on google, I found this old e-bike from the City of Toronto that has a very similar frame as the Big Bear's:

this is the Woosh Sirocco 2 in 2012, that uses the same frame as the Big Bear (2013):

that is to confirm my point that we use a generic frame. Note the internal cable routing.

Tony

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
David, after 5 minute search on google, I found this old e-bike from the City of Toronto that has a very similar frame as the Big Bear's:

this is the Woosh Sirocco 2 in 2012, that uses the same frame as the Big Bear (2013):

that is to confirm my point that we use a generic frame. Note the internal cable routing.

Tony
Is the 2017 Woosh BB significantly different to the 2016?

Can you post pics please?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
a little more googling, I come across some old e-bikes with similar styling (convex toptube and convex downtube):

circa 2005: from Canada, the e-cruiser

even earlier than the e-cruiser, from Japan, the Giant Lite:

Nothing is really new under the sun.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is the 2017 Woosh BB significantly different to the 2016?

Can you post pics please?
Andy, only small changes, new better forged alloy crankset and lighter, more free-running pedals, thumb throttle, soft leather grips.

Reactions: Andy88

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Yes. It's called the 03ZA frame, most Chinese factories can make them if you ask. We use the 03ZA frame since 2012 on the Woosh Sirocco2. It was originally painted with two layers, since 2013, 3 layers.