Woosh Big Bear 2017 specs, £750 - Location Maidstone, Kent.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
if they were the same design in 2005, then who started manufacturing first? you or the factory that made the e-cruiser for the Canadian company?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
if they were the same design in 2005, then who started manufacturing first? you or the factory that made the e-cruiser for the Canadian company?
We did, did I mention that we had designed the frame? Until we had designed it, it did not exist.

I do hope this helps to put aside your worries.

Good design though, isn't it? We worked for many weeks on it. A bit old fashioned now though I must admit.

Kind regards

David :)

Reactions: Zack @ Byocycles

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
The Chinese are notorious for producing manufacturing over runs, not sure if its evident in the bike industry?

I used to source transponders there, 5 interesting but not without event years.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I don't know all the facts, where the Wisper frame was made and when they were made. The fact remains that we are looking at variants, some details (the shape of the curves and the gusset of the frame) look sufficiently different that would require different toolsets to make.
I would be very surprised if variants of David's design found its way to another factory so soon, in 2005. David, when did you start selling e-bikes?

Reactions: Andy88

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
The Chinese are notorious for producing manufacturing over runs, not sure if its evident in the bike industry?

I used to source transponders there, 5 interesting but not without event years.
You are bang on there Andy, in-fact the frame we designed and first manufactured back in 2005 was sold without our permission to another company who produced a copy bike on our frame. We are now the best of friends, but we did have some angry words at the time.

Our biggest error was to pay £8,000 to "Made In China" search engine to show our new design and look for dealers world wide. Loads of Chinese factories thought we were the biggest seller and copied it. I think that's the reason there are so many copies on the market. Some are absolutely dreadful, the one Woosh are using is actually very good.

It is nice to think that a frame we designed back in 2004/5 is now considered to be generic. It just goes to show we were on the right track.

All the best, David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I would be very surprised if variants of David's design found its way to another factory so soon, in 2005. David, when did you start selling e-bikes?
In 2005, at the time we designed the frame. Actually it was slightly earlier, as first we imported some pretty dreadful "off the shelf bikes" but we soon realised to make a decent bike it was necessary to design the bike in house. Saying that, the first Wisper 905e, as they were called, had a lot of issues! :rolleyes:

All the best David

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Yes David, I've followed your story on youtube everything you say stacks up, never have any hesitation in recommending you and your products.

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
I was quite heavily involved in the search engine optimization business and have had brushes with Ali baba but not made in China but I can validate your comments.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I was quite heavily involved in the search engine optimization business and have had brushes with Ali baba but not made in China but I can validate your comments.
Yes they are quite a handful Andy. We paid to be the first Electric Bicycle company to feature on all the EBike key words. I wish I could het the same deal again now!

All the best, David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Anyway.. better get off the subject of our frames, Woosh are trying to help a customer sell their bike. It seems like a good deal by the way!

All the best, David

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
The SEO landscape has changed dramatically, i.e. google used to post 3 ads at the top and the bottom of the SERPS but now they post 4.

As in any industry there is an awful lot of smoke and mirrors in the SEO world, still see so much money wasted on irrelevant keyword placement and poor website landing pages.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am not surprised that some factories tried to make copies of the Wisper 905SE, it was one of the most successful e-bikes of the time.

I found this picture of an early Wisper 905SE:

David, can you confirm that it was one of the first 905SE?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I am not surprised that some factories tried to make copies of the Wisper 905SE, it was one of the most successful e-bikes of the time.

I found this picture of an early Wisper 905SE:

David, can you confirm that it was one of the first 905SE?
It's tricky to tell, do you have a bigger file?

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
no. I was googling about which bikes have the battery behind the seat post first - mostly to satisfy my own curiosity more than anything else.
Came across an old ebay listing. Thought you may recognize the shape and colour of an early 905SE. No matter, and thank you for looking into this.

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Heres a 905SE with a 2008 upload so could be an earlier model. Pulls away nicely on an incline Throttle only.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
no. I was googling about which bikes have the battery behind the seat post first - mostly to satisfy my own curiosity more than anything else.
Came across an old ebay listing. Thought you may recognize the shape and colour of an early 905SE. No matter, and thank you for looking into this.
The first bikes were 905e not se. So this will certainly be second or even third generation. I will try and dig out an image of one of our first bikes.

All the best

David

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
That's my fault the vid is an e not an se but had se in my head. Not a clear shot so can't see exactly where the battery and motor is.