Woosh Bikes - Sirocco

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
I've seen some mention of this bike on the forum but has anyone actually bought / ridden one or had any dealings with the company (based in Southend)?

I'm looking at getting a cheap bike with a reasonable range for my wife. The spec doesn't seem bad for the money.

donnoirf

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2010
KINGS NORTON BIRMINGHAM
I have not purchased from them, However, I noticed sometime ago there bikes seemed to have the same battery as my electric bike. I called & asked for a quote for a new battery, & was quoted an amazing £150 for a 10ah 36v battery.

I think the company do bike hire in South End on Sea, so you could always take a trip & hire try one

However, their ebay shop don't seem to have sold much in the last 6 months

Donna

westcountry

Just Joined
May 26, 2011
I just purchased one from them and have done a review in the reviews section.
Very happy with the bike, the company and their service.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
I just purchased one from them and have done a review in the reviews section.
Very happy with the bike, the company and their service.
Nice one and quick work! ..

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Hi Jonah, the Sirocco is sold by wooshbikes.co.uk, they are based in Southend-on-Sea. I phoned them last week and they told me that the Sirocco were sold out. Next shipment is due on the 7th of July. The price is £535.
Here is a picture of the Sirocco:

Last edited:

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Hmm there is certainly some level of confusion here as westcountry's great review also mentions Brighton and Whoosh rather than Southend and Woosh (no "H")

Certainly Woosh based in Southend sell the Sirocco pictured. I have emailed Whoosh bikes in Brighton (well, Hove actually :) and tried to call them but have had no response despite trying 5 times so far today. As I live in Brighton I'm going to take a long winded route home and go past the offices as stated on whooshbikes.co.uk

I shall report back tomorrow !

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Well, I went to investigate the address for Whooshbikes in Brighton/Hove. No sign of a bike shop of any kind whatseover.Also no sign ony business there other than an estate agent. Additionally, I've had no response from them via email or via telephone. So no idea whats going on there........

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Bit of a mystery Kirstin , it did seem strange that the same bike was being sold by two Companies with the same Name , only an `h` to tell them apart . Best to deal with the Southend people who have Premises and hire them out . Their machines seem well built , specified and the prices are good . I look forward to seeing the details of their new £369 Folder as promised on their website for 28th May . Folders have edged up in price lately , the £749 Batribike is now £899 .I paid £649 for my Batribike Folder 9 months ago with the lower spec. 8Ah Battery , which was £100 cheaper than the 10Ah model .

derekretired333

Just Joined
Jun 17, 2011
Having tried to find a reasonably priced hi-spec electric bike I finally contacted Woosh Bikes of Southend.
My many questions were answered by a Lady named Hatti in a friendly and professional manner.
She provided the name of a customer who lives near to me and on contacting him I was able to try one of their Scirocco bikes. A really nice bit of kit with the latest polymer battery. A very light unit.
I ordered an Elios model the next day and it was delivered the day after almost to the minute of the timed delivery spot!!
Because of a continuing back problem I needed a low step model, the Elios unisex is the ideal choice.
Woosh have bikes from less than £300 delivered. A thoroughly professional and reliable company to deal with. What more can I say but try for yourself.
I almost forgot, I weigh well over 16 stone and this machine carries me easily.

Last edited:

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Well done Derek for taking the plunge and then reporting on it . If the Company is responsive and the machine is good , a lot of people starting out and not wishing to pay the earth will certainly be interested . A pity we can`t encourage Woosh to come on the Pedelecs site ! The Elios did look good for someone wanting the convenience of a step through like a Folder , but with the benefits of the larger wheel .

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I just found a lenghty and full response from Hatti at woosh in a trash folder. As I'd previously reported no response I thought it fair to update the thread and advise - my fault not woosh's.

Hatti confirms they have no connection to the Whoosh of Brighton/Hove

looks like I'll have to go to south end to test this !

derekretired333

Just Joined
Jun 17, 2011
Hi all,
Just thought I would update you on my Woosh Elios machine which I bought in June.
So far I have had no problems and it continues to make light of my weight.
I have recently had a service update from Hatti at Woosh and am impressed with the honesty and integrity of this company. I had tried several machines prior to buying the Elios but found them overpriced,
poor quality or both. This is probably due to retailers mark ups being excessive.
I bought my machine `blind` and it was delivered within 20 hours partly assembled. I completed
the assembly in about 1 hour without any problems. I believe Woosh are considering full assembly
options and this may appeal to less able purchasers.
I strongly advise you to contact Hatti at woosh who will answer any questions you may have and to look on the Woosh website. Please do not be put off by the low cost of their bikes they really are excellent value for money with an excellent after sales service.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Thanks Derek, Any photos? ... Have you got the url for Woosh and perhaps, if you haven't already, suggest to Hatti that Woosh join the forum. If they dont want to advertise then I dont think its mandatory!

derekretired333

Just Joined
Jun 17, 2011
Hi again,
The phone number for Woosh bikes is 01702 435566
url:- wooshbikes.co.uk.
I will contact Hatti regarding the forum.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Hi again,
The phone number for Woosh bikes is 01702 435566
url:- wooshbikes.co.uk.
I will contact Hatti regarding the forum.
Thanks Derek. The Elios reminds me of the Fast4ward bike that I just bought for my brother (which cost twice as much! ) ... I like the bikes on offer and fantastic prices. ...