Woosh Gale Running Gear points

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Here are a few points on the Woosh Gale running gear.
Wheels: Black paint flakes off when bike run on salty winter roads. Hard alloy anodising may be more durable.
Motor: Silver paint flakes off and the cast alloy corrodes into white powder when exposed to salty winter roads. Suggest hard anodising again.
Forks: Seize up running on salty winter roads, but too stiff anyway. Metal polish rust off stanchions, Prise plastic caps off fork legs and squirt in GT85, run oil around leg to stanchion seals. Suggest stainless stanchions and adjustable springs, or just a fixed fork and fatter tyres.
Brakes: V-brakes on front with disc on back seems odd. Suggest disc would be more use on front, front hub has disc mount but fork does not. Rear disc awkwardly mounted with adaptor making back end lot wider than needs be.

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Many thanks for the suggestions.
I have removed the rear disc brakes, changed the fork and the chain cover paint to black. I'll post some pictures in a couple of weeks when the new Gale arrives.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Thanks for the preview pic of the new Gale. I thought it was going to be black. Still a lot of blue met paint left then
Did removing the rear disc make the bike any slimmer? It really needs to go on a diet!
Hope it folds more compactly than this example, hehe.HTB11kxsJFXXXXX4XVXXq6xXFXXX1.jpg

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Looking at the bike above I wonder if Woosh ever tried a fatter Kenda tyre in the Gale? Is there clearance available in the fork, stays, mudguards (extended), etc? I will need a new back tyre this year and maybe I can order a new one(s) with the sale or return 790, new brake switches, etc, when Woosh get back to me. Mmm?:)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Mike, check your junk mail folder.
Andy told me that a few people wondered this week why he did not answer.
You can also start a conversation with Woosh, he can reply to you using the forum's PM system.

Advertisers