Woosh MTB conversion rear gears question

Yes, and they are great bikes, don't get me wrong.
But, the BBS01 350W kit at 18A is not strictly road legal as EAPC is it? Nor a hub with 350W rated power? The BBS01 36V 250W cuts it both on and off road.
It's more the efficiency extended by the ability to keep the motor running in it's sweet spot by use of gear selection at the rear wheel by the rider with a mid-drive I like, opposed to the hub motor delivering the power at the axle and then being assisted by the rider through the drivetrain.
Then the ability to configure the motor's power delivery through programming to the individual needs of the rider or even the rider's specific need for that day's ride, i.e. more power for a short 30 mile off-road blast or greater range for a longer day of on-road touring up to say 60 miles, both using the same battery.
Then when it comes to off-road in particular, to not have the weight over the rear axle and instead centralised and low down in the middle of the bike makes for a far nicer ride all-round.
Then over the bumpy stuff (UK road pot-holes included), the rim/spokes do not have such weight to bear. I've had a number of rear hubs over the years, I just find the mid-drive for my style of riding (60% off 40% on road) is by far more preferable.
Hey, I'm a mid-drive addict, what can I say! ;)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Simples buy the 700c kit and have the CST relaced in to his 26"rim.
we still have 15 x 26" wheels with XF08C CST motors in stock!
The price is £499 for XF CST (with cassette free hub)

I should have checked. Sorry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

I really don't know much about bike gears (as you can probably tell) so I think..
I could get the 8 speed freewheel like woosh linked to but it would be too wide in the frame?
If I get a 7 speed it will fit but it will be too low / slow in "top" gear.
Could I get a 7 speed that fits on nicely and change a front cog if I need too?
swapping / adjusting gears doesn't daunt me too much but re-lacing a wheel does :)
Alex
Read what i wrote above about freewheels. The top gear is the same whether you get 8 speed or 7 speed. It's only the width that is different. If you can pedal at a cadence of 100 all the time, go for that one then.

Look at your cogs on the back to see which one has 13 teeth - 7th or 6th. Select that gear and then go and pedal down a hill. That's what it'll be like with an electric motor and the 13T freewheel. Then select top gear (11T) and see if you think it's better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I can make up geared hub kits for you with Bafang motors in:

1) 16" front
2) 20" rear
3) 24" rear
4) 26" front and rear
5) 650B rear
6) 700C front and rear

They are in standard size, front for forks with 100mm drop-out, rear for 135mm dropout.

If you are interested, just post a thread on the forum.