Review Woosh Rio MTB Review/Initial Impressions

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i can service mine my self just the bits come from china lol.

and a lot cheaper tho the glass is sapphire so i can get one for 40 quid.:)

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
i can service mine my self just the bits come from china lol.

and a lot cheaper tho the glass is sapphire so i can get one for 40 quid.:)
But it's not a real Rolex so it won't go up in value, in fact it's worth nothing. They sell them for like 2 euros pretty much everywhere abroad to chumps who fall for it :D

Reactions: Woosh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Informative
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
  • :D
Reactions: LeighPing

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
View attachment 20742 https://forum.replica-watch.info/

some can cost thousands i got mine form that site from a seller in uk and if i wanted the same thing now 350 quid, im up 150 ;)
Thats like dating a replica of Miss Universe, except the one you're dating is a ladyboy, looks the same on the outside but the internals aren't quite genuine :D
Thats besides the fact that you won't ever get that 150 because the market for secondhand fake watches is basically nil, its not even legal to sell it on Ebay

D

Deleted member 4366

My last watch was a Casio. In twelve years, I never took it off, never adjusted anything, never wound it up, never set the time and never replaced or adjusted the stainless strap. I wore it in the shower, in the bath and when diving in the sea. Being radio-controlled, the time was always accurate. I can't see how anybody could want any more from a watch.

I now have a Fitbit watch, which has to be taken off and charged every 5 days, and it's not supposed to be used in the shower, though i keep forgetting to take it off and it doesn't seem to have suffered. It's a real step down from the Casio, but it has a lot of useful functions that interest me at the moment.

Coming back to the bike's range test, you can't gauge anything from the bars on the battery meter. They switch when the battery reaches certain voltages, which go up and down depending on how much power you're using. If you want meaningful range test data, you have to use a wattmeter or run the battery all the way to cut-off.

• Informative

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I don't wear a watch. I can get the time from my mobile phone which lives in my trousers pockets. My phone has dual SIMs, lasts a week on a single charge because it's a stupid phone, it's small and light.
Andy @Woosh has a fitbit. He let me try it out for a day.
I gave it back to him after 3 hours when it needed recharging.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Coming back to the bike's range test, you can't gauge anything from the bars on the battery meter. They switch when the battery reaches certain voltages, which go up and down depending on how much power you're using. If you want meaningful range test data, you have to use a wattmeter or run the battery all the way to cut-off.
True. I'll see how many more miles I can stay on assist 1 before power drops off too much to handle.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Thats like dating a replica of Miss Universe, except the one you're dating is a ladyboy, looks the same on the outside but the internals aren't quite genuine :D
Thats besides the fact that you won't ever get that 150 because the market for secondhand fake watches is basically nil, its not even legal to sell it on Ebay
you cant see the sales section unless you are a member on rwi ;) and you cant use pay pal either.

• Disagree
Reactions: Volusia25

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Tony, any updates on the cause of the controller failure? And did you have a look at the inner tube? The tyres and slime combo seem to work well, still yet to have a single puncture.
That rear brake, despite burping the line as best I can, is still not quite as good as the front, but it locks the back wheel up, it just has more play than the front and doesnt bite as soon.
Think i'm ready to return the kit

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Tony, any updates on the cause of the controller failure?
Error 21 (loss of sync).
I have tagged your old controller and put it away. I'll get a replacement for it in 4 weeks.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Caused by what, bad solder? How did you get an error message to appear, it never did for me
no skill from me. It showed up on the LCD.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
So I injected some black silicone sealant in that hole on the battery base/controller cover, so that hole is now sealed. Also put some in the top frame hole for the cables, its about all I can do for weatherproofing. I read that the controller should never be fully sealed as it can cause condensation so made sure not to do that.
I need to relocate my rear light onto my rack, because the bag covers it. I'll figure something out. Love the bike, and fingers crossed I have no further controller problems. Currently at 686 miles. That huge suspension seat i bought has been great too, nice and comfy, it feels like having a full suspension bike.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
So I can feel the rear brake starting to lose its performance again. I can pull the lever all the way to the grip if I squeeze it tight. I'll give it one more burp and see but I think there is a small air leak somewhere

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
burp it soonest.

Richard Brown

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 23, 2017
London
www.battrified.co.uk
Brill thanks for this. I hadn't even heard of this make before and there products look like great value. WIll have a more thorough look. Thanks for putting in the time to share your experiences

Damian.Doherty

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
Derry, Ireland
Here is how wet it was in my hometown last night:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41019610

And I have to say, I rode my Rio home through a flood which can only be described as biblical and it never missed a beat.

I turned it on this morning again and all systems are operating within expected parameters.....(I watch too much Star Trek)

Another big thumbs up for the Woosh Rio MTB! :)

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Fellow owners, how many miles are you getting per full battery charge? Or before there's one bar left and it is hardly assisting at all, plus your weight and terrain?
Mine seems to be slowly decreasing, struggling to hit 35 miles a charge now despite fully depleting the battery and charging to balance it. Apart from that all is good but that rear brake still is weak, burping it again.
Think im on about 730 miles now, still yet to have a puncture.

Related Articles

Advertisers