Review Woosh Rio MTB Review/Initial Impressions

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
Think i'm going to just insure it and carry one lock.
Can't you get all the extraneous things in the bag when it arrives? Locks, bottle etc? Your vertically mounted bottle looks like a bit of a windbreak. Personally, I think boxes/bags should have a pointy front end and a very smooth exterior material for aerodynamics. Mind you, it's a bit hypocritical of me to find fault in such things when I'm shaped—and weighted—the way I am...

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead
Coming from the swimming world I quickly discovered wide shoulders were not helpful in the cycle when doing tris. That damn Ringwood A road route on the Bournemouth Tri will never be forgotten for both the sunburn and the wind resistance.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Coming from the swimming world I quickly discovered wide shoulders were not helpful in the cycle when doing tris. That damn Ringwood A road route on the Bournemouth Tri will never be forgotten for both the sunburn and the wind resistance.
My torso is wider than the bottle and its mount.
Are those chain cleaning machines worth it or just a rag for cleaning and a rag for wiping off excess oil?

D

Deleted member 4366

Bicycle hydraulic brakes don't normally need bleeding, though sometimes air can get into the pipe when you invert the bike to fix a puncture. Rather than bleeding them, most will sort themselves out if you just hang the brake vertically so that the air goes back ip to the reservoir.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing and Woosh

BornAgainCyclist

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2017
Sanderstead
For a motorbike I was given the advice of a good few solid pumps of the lever and then secure the lever with a bungee to accelerate the bubble rising process. That advice seemed to work well when I did my braided hoses myself.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
If you do test that function, please let us know how it goes. Thanks. :)
Maybe after a year.
Woosh is the brake sensor unique to that braking system or in future can I hypothetically change the brakes to Shimano or something and still have brake cut off functions? Also which areas should I be servicing at 100, 500, 1000 miles etc?

• Informative

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Shimano don't make hydraulic brakes with sensor.
Only Tektro and Zoom do.
If you want to fit Shimano's, you have to get external sensors and glue them to the brake levers.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
130 miles on the bike now total. Did the same trip, came to 38 miles, but carrying much heavier luggage on the way back. Battery at 1-2 bars, this time I'm not going to charge it, instead drain it totally flat just once to see what the max mileage will be.
My only complaint is my ass hurts after an hour. I have a gel seat cover which doesn't do much, my legs ache a bit but the painful ass is the biggest hindrance. Cleaned and oiled the chain yesterday.

Can anyone chime in with how I can improve my locking technique? Due to the frame design, its very hard to put the U through the wheel and frame, so I have to do it through the thinner part as the pic shows (is it called the carrier?) Still, i'm confident in its security.
IMG_20170613_154311.jpg

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
That looks about as secure as you can get with the lock you have. You might want to get a cable lock to loop round the front wheel, but I leave my bike locked like that.

As for the saddle, I don't have any faith in gel covers. Saddles are a very personal thing; some swear by Brooks' leather saddles, I swear at them! It's a bit trial and error, I'm afraid. Lookin saddles suit my backside, they might be instruments of torture to yours, so try out some mates' bikes and see how you get on.

Adjusting the seating position might also do the trick. There is some forward/backward movement on the saddle rails and the handlebar stem looks to be adjustable. A more upright riding position spreads the weight on your backside more and might do the trick without changing anything hardware-wise. Again, it's trial and error.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
If it'll fit, hook the cable through the triangle of your frame as well as the front wheel?

I've got Brooks B17 saddles and swear by them. Keep them supple with Proofide and they mould to your anatomy.

Gaz

• Useful

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Note to self: check tyre pressures more often. Turns out they were both at 30psi, no wonder I felt like I was struggling yesterday. Put them up to 60 and its like a whole new bike

• Agree

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Any idea why the drop? Thought you had slime in the inners.
I do but I travel on some real rough ground sometimes. Also some air is lost before the slime fills any punctures. I have also covered 150 miles since I last inflated them so there's that. Will keep an eye on it.
For anyone interested i've done 52 miles and there is still one bar on the LCD, but assist 5 feels more like assist 3 on a full battery, it struggles but because its a fairly light bike anyway it's still very easy and fast to ride. Even with the batt almost dead i'm still at a steady 15mph on assist 5. But I don't want to drain it any further so back on charge it goes.

At least now I can use assist 4 and 5 during my Leicester route more often and not have range anxiety, especially with properly inflated tyres now

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Woosh have you had much luck finding a decent rack for the Rio? The cheap one I have is starting to irritate me with how much it rattles. Makes the bike sound like an Argos special when riding

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers