Would I be dumb to buy an leccy bike?

D

Deleted member 4366

She may be mollified a bit when she has a gan on it. But she may also feel justified in buying a £2000 handbag. Watch out.
Yes, that's strange. £2000 on an e-bike sounds sort of justified, but £2000 on a handbag or pair of shoes doesn't - to me anyway! Is that sexism or what?

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
She may be mollified a bit when she has a gan on it. But she may also feel justified in buying a £2000 handbag. Watch out.
I promise you that she won't use that as an excuse to buy a handbag. She's a woman, she'll buy a handbag anyway, your bike won't make any difference.

• :D
Reactions: JimRides

Chris whittaker

Just Joined
Aug 21, 2015
I will put my 2 pence worth in. I commuted to work for the best part of 25 years. Changing jobs but always cycling. Furthest commute was 9 miles each way. Then in November of 2016 I took a job 23 miles away by car. There is a cycle route I could take but it would be slightly longer. So I started saving for an ebike. Two people in work cycle. One regular (lycra brigade) and one occasionally who rides partway and the uses the train. Lycra man dismisses ebikes. Fair enough he's entitled to his opinion. The other fella told me of his last commute home on Tuesday morning. Finish at 6 o'clock am. Ride to train station. Wait one hour for train.(Welsh line not great). Travel so far only to be told there was a gas leak close to the line and the train would return to the station and a rail replacement would be waiting. 4 people on bikes unable to board bus. Rides home about 15 miles. Rides along the Wirral way which is lovely but sandy, muddy in parts followed by a big hill at the end. 3 hours to get home and exhausted. He's itching to see what I get myself next year.