Wuxing electric bike - some help please?

BluerangeV8

Just Joined
May 13, 2018
Wiltshire
Morning, I'm new here and am hoping the knowledge base might help me out. A very good friend of mine purchased what I think is referred to as an electric bike some years ago. He was poorly but wanted to get out on two wheels. Sadly he's no longer with us and after a few years languishing in a shed, I am trying to figure out whether it is worth anything to his family.

Its mountain bike-ish in style and it bears the brand Wuxing on gears and controls. Sadly, we can't find the battery or charger. There is some rust on the forks but the suspension still works. It doubtless needs a good service but before investing time or money into it, does anyone know anything about them? I've tried googling with little info available. It could therefore be a heavy old pile of scrap metal!

Thanks in advance
bike.JPG

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

I personally wouldn't bother throwing any money at it.
Looking at it in today's world of e- bikes it is not of much value as it is a very basic cheap China component bike and e-kit.

The electric motor cable looks a bit iffy, a battery is required to see if it works at all. If it does works the cable doesn't look or make for a neat or tidy solution and prone to shorting if it gets wet.

Any value will be in the hub motor/leccy kit, though don't expect it to fetch much. If it works then best option is to strip it off and sell on some where like ebay but as said value may only be £40/50.

Wuxing is a manufacturer of electrical components but not a bike maker AFAIK.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, it's all standard Chinese electrics. You can use any battery you want, which you connect to the two battery wires. The controller sits in that little plastic(?) box above/behind the chain-wheel. You can look at its label to find the voltage, which is most likely 36v. A battery will cost between £150 and £200. If everything works, you have a bike worth £250 to £300.

The best thing about it is the steel forks. They're really useful for anybody who wants to fit a front motor, so don't sling them.

The bike itself is a generic one. I know Sunlova made some, but I don't know if other factories did. You used to see them all over Ebay about 8 years ago. Heres a photo of the Sunlova one, but be aware that because the electrics are also generic and they changed on a daily basis, so the batteries, motors and controllers often had slight differences.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluerangeV8

Just Joined
May 13, 2018
Wiltshire
Hi, thanks for the input, much appreciated. I think it might be a spares on eBay job!

Sounds as if the forks and motor may be worth something to someone, albeit untested.

thanks again
Adam