X-Ride by aerobike

fatboytrig

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
Hi all, I’m a previous owner, along time ago, of a tailwind, which was fun until it completely gave up and the motor seized. Any, thinking about ride to work scheme and found this https://www.aero-tek.co.uk/aerobike can’t find any comments on here about it using the search field but wondered if anyone had any experience or views?

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Can't see spec. data.

'High torque' is a bit meaningless without saying what torque.

Doesn't seem to say what capacity battery.

Up to 30 miles range - makes me think it's probably a bit wimpy.

No details about componentry (that I can see). Nice photo's, shame about the detail, which I'd suspect is not immediately apparent for a reason.

Gaz

fatboytrig

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
Can't see spec. data.

'High torque' is a bit meaningless without saying what torque.

Doesn't seem to say what capacity battery.

Up to 30 miles range - makes me think it's probably a bit wimpy.

No details about componentry (that I can see). Nice photo's, shame about the detail, which I'd suspect is not immediately apparent for a reason.

Gaz
Thanks Gaz, hows your wisper SE? I’ve been looking at that one.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Thanks Gaz, hows your wisper SE? I’ve been looking at that one.
Bloody great! I got it for me, from this forum, but it very quickly became my Wife's. Eight years old and still going great. The day I got it home I was trying it out, then realised it had a throttle, and only came in coz it got dark (I was having that much fun on it!!). I'm 6'4" and a tad over 16 stone, so the 905 would probably be more suited, but the 705 came up. It' a well made bike with a comfortable riding style. I go for function over form (says he with a sprint yellow vRS :oops:).

The Wisper is a better commuter than my Whyte. Wisper being hub driven and the Whyte crank driven.

Gaz