xduro allmtn rc problem please help :)

Daniel.M

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 22, 2017
Lochinver
Hello forum,

I recently fixed a puncture on my xduro and hey presto it stopped working.

My bike has bosch performance line motor. It has stopped displaying the mph on the headset but no fail codes. No power to the motor. The headset switches itself off after a few moments. I charged the battery off the bike to full but the display tells me it is only quarter charged.

I have reseated the headset and cleaned all the terminals on both battery and headset. bike has only done 500 miles.

I feel like i am missing something really simple!

If anyone has seen this issue before please help

Thanks for reading

Dan

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you could try unplug the cable from the motor as could be a bad connection there.

do you have warranty?

Reactions: Daniel.M

Daniel.M

May 22, 2017
Lochinver
you could try unplug the cable from the motor as could be a bad connection there.

do you have warranty?
Thanks for replying so quickly,

I would need to take the plastic casings of the motor to access that cable? hard to find any info online for this. i was looking for some schematics earlier but to no avail. and the booklets are not much help that came with the bike.

I bought the bike new but kinda second hand so no warranty as such. The printer company that i bought it from said if i had any problems that they would deal with the warranty issues for me, but I fear i have lost the piece of paper with there address on it :( . I am on the NW tip of scotland so a trip to a e-bike shop isn't very convenient.

I do have serial codes and all the books and pamphlets.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well all you have to do is remove the left side pedal then its just a few screws to remove the cover.

warranty wise you might get stuck unless you can get a dealer to sort it for you ie send them the motor and get them to sort the warranty for you with bosch.

o and remove the batt first b4 you unplug it.:)

Last edited:

Daniel.M

May 22, 2017
Lochinver
Try the wheel magnet sensor..
I can only find 1 post online that mentions no mph displayed , it was someone called mike and it is posted on this site. he started saying about the speed sensor but the thread was cut short as the problem was fixed. I looked at the sensor and it seems undamaged but i dont know how I would test the sensor itself.

Thanks for the reply

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I can only find 1 post online that mentions no mph displayed , it was someone called mike and it is posted on this site. he started saying about the speed sensor but the thread was cut short as the problem was fixed. I looked at the sensor and it seems undamaged but i dont know how I would test the sensor itself.

Thanks for the reply
Was it a rear wheel flat? And is the spoke magnet in its proper place and alignment? When I have had such a similar sudden failure it was the spoke magnet that had moved

Daniel.M

May 22, 2017
Lochinver
Was it a rear wheel flat? And is the spoke magnet in its proper place and alignment? When I have had such a similar sudden failure it was the spoke magnet that had moved
It was the rear wheel flat. Problem is that no matter where on the wheel that the magnet is it should still read 0mph on the headset.

Perhaps i tugged on the sensor cable when putting the wheel back on.

I am trying to access the inside of the casing now to check the connections in there. I am ashamed to say that i am having problems removing the left peddle arm :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you need a crank puller imo

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
do you have a local dealer that can plug ur bike in and get a report printed out?

as will be the next step if it is not the cables inside the motor.

as it could be a faulty display or motor in that case.

also ask the dealer if they will take over the warranty for you if its under 2 years old.

• Agree

Daniel.M

May 22, 2017
Lochinver
do you have a local dealer that can plug ur bike in and get a report printed out?

as will be the next step if it is not the cables inside the motor.

as it could be a faulty display or motor in that case.

also ask the dealer if they will take over the warranty for you if its under 2 years old.
against all odds i found a crank puller in my little village but i was kinda disappointed when i looked inside and found that all was pristine and as it should be, i reseated the 3 cable plugs attached to the motor anyway but it didn't fix the fault.

i think as you say that i shall need to contact a dealer :( what a pain...

Missing riding the bike as it is an awesome machine.

thanks for your time I will post any results that i get incase it helps anyone else.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Monoblock

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2016
My Allmtn pro went a similar way but it had Nyon, a software update killed it and no one could roll it back but it could well be computer rather than physical breakage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Related Articles

Advertisers