XIONGDA 48V 2 SPEED BUILD

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
D8veh could tell you the rpm for that speed and rim, I would say probably about 180 - 201 rpm.

SPYDER

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 10, 2015
Sherwood Forest NG17
On Sunday evening we did a twenty mile route including mostly forest tracks and muddy field margins. Low gear was required for a few of the really muddy bits but the vast majority of the ground was covered in high gear.
I set the PAS on level 3 which gives up to 240W of assistance. This setting seems just right for me. I pedal quite a bit and most of the time on level ground at around 15mph the motor is giving 120-130W with me contributing the rest. On rises all 240W come into play.
On a couple of the longer and steeper forest up-slopes I upped the PAS to level 5 and pedalled harder, It flew up, no problem, in quite a high gear and low cadence.
The entire ride was taken at a pace that I could never have managed before and unlike previously I wasn't completely knacked. Nothing fell off, broke or failed. The bike is, however, filthy. Result!
It had started with a fully charged battery and was amazed to finish with three bars out of four remaining on the display. The indicator on the battery itself had three bars left too. Voltage reading was 48.5V.
It's tempting to think that I could have fitted a smaller battery but I'm more than happy with it as it is. I should be able to do twenty miles or more on much hillier terrain or run at a faster pace.
I checked the controller at the top of one of the longer hills and it was quite warm, bordering on hot. I have put some vent holes in the bag.
I can't wait to get out again, hopefully this weekend.