xiongda questions

Man

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2015
Wow,this looks really nice,and the possibility of buy without a internal controller,sound nice!

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Hi,i have a 36 v battery and i'm searching a motor with torque for long big hills.I dont't want speed,with a maximum of 20 kmh im hapy.Im considering to buy a xiongda for 26" wheel and lace it to 20" wheel.its a good idea?and other question is if i can use the motor without the display.Thanks and sorry for my english.
Check out Bruce Teakle's blog he runs it in a 20" Dahon on throttle only but the controller gets hot:

http://bruceteakle.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page_20.html

Also see his good video on how it works:

Reactions: trex

Man

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2015
Thanks a lot,shemozzle 999,nice report!i have the advantage than i run the low rpm in small wheel,i supose that it helps the overheat problem.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Most motors run at maximum efficiency at about 2/3r's of the maximum rated design speed thus producing the lowest heat losses.

Given your wheel circumference and the two ideal rpm's of the motor you can calculate the two most economic speeds to run the motor at.

As you have a low rpm motor you will have good torque but be restrained to travel at lower speeds to avoid heat losses.

Man

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2015
I know,so for the price i think the new woosh central drive its a really good option.the question is if can operate with a normal brushless controller(the kit without controller looks nice option)and how much tooths have the cainsproket,and if its posible put an adapter for chainrings,like the bbsxx.and how good are the chain line.

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
I know,so for the price i think the new woosh central drive its a really good option.the question is if can operate with a normal brushless controller(the kit without controller looks nice option)and how much tooths have the cainsproket,and if its posible put an adapter for chainrings,like the bbsxx.and how good are the chain line.
The xiongda has great torque and can be bought as a 36v version

Man

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2015
Really the xiongda have the same uphill power than a bbs 250w?
It sound really good.

handbaked

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2015
D8veh is the man to ask for comparisons as he has likely had the other options you are looking at. i can say that delivered with controller and lcd was about £150 all in. Then battery on top plus finding someone to lace your wheel up unless you can do it.

Man

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2015
Whell,after reading some reports about the gsm kit,im thinking to buy the xiongda,just wait for more opinions.

infviza

Just Joined
Jan 12, 2013
Well firstly i will add that i now own a xiongda motor and have'finished' my first build. Always tweaks to do but used almost daily and working great.

My latest question is whether anyone has run a 2WD set up with 2 of these motors?
I have a big and heavy delta trike (Trimobil.net) with 2 Xiongdas in the rear wheels. Works great for going up the swiss hills. Everything is doubled, except the high rate battery.