Xipi Silent Wing Kit (and bike)

haltny

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 19, 2013
I am regretfully going to have to sell my Xipi Silent Wing kit, which believe it or not I only purchased in late September and has done less than 500 miles. The reason; A couple of weeks ago I was approached and asked if I was interested in a new vacancy, I had an interview last week and have today received the phone call I was waiting on, which was to confirm that I have been offered the new Job to start January. Whilst this is excellent news for me it's not good news for my bike as my new job comes with a company car which I will have to commute in everyday. This therefore makes my very expensive recently purchased Xipi kit redundant.

See link below for full details of the kit.

Silent Wing Kube

See below link for a review I recently submitted, most of your questions can be answered by reading the review.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/uk-off-road-s-pedelecs-overseas/16040-xipi-silent-wing-kit-review.html

I had the kit fitted to a little used Dahon Cadenza P18 full sized folding hybrid (would suit someone between 5'6" and 5'10" in height), which was £850 new. At the time of fitting the kit Frank at Xipi upgraded my brakes to some Shimano Deore Hydraulic brakes (£100 online - retail £150) plus some Dutch Perfect puncture resistant tyres (£32 each). The bike also comes with a new C2B seen 1000 lumen rechargable front light (which I keep the battery in a Topeak top bar mounted waterproof bag - also new) and an air horn.

If you are interested in the bike but not the bits n pieces I can take them off and sell them seperately. Alternatively I can also sell my new Berns Helmet with winter attachment sized small 53cm - 55cm (£75 new for both helmet and attachment) and my new waterproof over-trousers and hi viz cycling jacket both from Mountain Warehouse (cost new over £75), cycling glasses, some Seal Skinz extreme weather cycling gloves (over £50), again new.

I truly am gutted I have got to sell this so soon but it was paid for on a credit card (it was an interest free offer - I'm not that daft!) and I need to recoup some of the money spent, its simply too much to have sitting in my house unused.

The kit, bike, parts and clothing etc easily come in at waaaaaaaay over £2000 but I am open to serious offers (please don't make me cry). I am located in SE9 Greenwich Area and buyer would have to collect. Any trial welcome, but this kit is not for the faint hearted.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Yours must have been one of the posts I missed by clicking on the 'What's New'
If you were a little closer I would have been interested.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Maybe I'm being dense but you quote the price you paid rather than the price you now seek

That might help? Hard for folk to know if it is bargain without a price :)

haltny

Sep 19, 2013
Yours must have been one of the posts I missed by clicking on the 'What's New'
If you were a little closer I would have been interested.
It doesn't cost a lot to hire a van for a day... Where there is a will, there's a way :)

haltny

Sep 19, 2013
Maybe I'm being dense but you quote the price you paid rather than the price you now seek

That might help? Hard for folk to know if it is bargain without a price :)
Good point, I didn't state a price as I don't really know how much i should be asking. I would guess £1250 for the kit and bike with the other bits n pieces negotiable. I think that's a fair price given its almost new!

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
buyers never like to make the first offer, sellers never like to quote prices - way of the world!

the dash p18 is a great bike, i was looking for one when i got my matrix - and i really like the sound of that kit on it, some urbanite should snatch your hand off at that money.

C

Cyclezee

It doesn't cost a lot to hire a van for a day... Where there is a will, there's a way :)
That's OK if you live in London village, and believe it or not some people don't, also south of the river, who ever goes there:eek:

You can ship an electric bike nationwide for £25 + insurance with Paisley Freight.

You would reach a much wider audience on Ebay or Gumtree than this forum. You could start an auction at 99p to kick off interest and put a reserve at a sensible price.

You also need photos, photos and more photos;)

Last edited by a moderator:

haltny

Sep 19, 2013
Hi, thanks for the advice, I will look up the freight company. As I have had little luck on here I will look to gumtree and eBay shortly. I guess it's just unfortunate it's the wrong time of year and the wrong weather to be trying to sell. But for anyone interested who's reading this, I can ship the bike for £25 plus insurance :)

haltny

Sep 19, 2013
£1200 all in with all my extras, new clothing, helmet, lights, everything. Start my new job January 3rd so it has to be sold by then. Bargain I think.......anyone?