XT-LCD W108 Display

Clive777

Just Joined
Nov 22, 2018
Hi

I am trying to source replacement LCD displays for our eBikes. The displays that came with the bikes have XT-LCD W108 on them but I have been unable to find a supplier of these displays.

They appear to have been used on a variety of eBike makes and models around the world.

I am located in New Zealand.

I have tried some different displays - KT-LCD3, KT-LCD5, APT 450U - but none of these show the battery levels.

Does anyone know where the XT-LCD W108 or an equivalent can be sourced from?

I need about 10.

The C961 looks exactly the same but that is for mid crank motors and mine are rear hub motors and also the plugs are different.

If anyone can help or advise it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hello Clive, a pic usually helps of the lcd but better still the maker name on the controller, in your case
the XT W108 & C961 are one and the same. They are made by Bafang/8fun along with other variants,
I assume you have a sm5 jst plug so a case of hunting them down.

Controllers and lcd's to be compatible need to be from the same maker as the protocol software comms vary.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
https://www.wattwheels.co.nz/retailers

Try the link above and see if they are able to help in sourcing spares as they sell hub bikes with W108 LCD, it will be an OEM supplied unit only.
Bafang are like Bosch and for OEM spares, only available via trade dealers.

Most Bafang OEM stuff now use moulded julet connectors.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Last edited:

Clive777

Just Joined
Nov 22, 2018
Hello Clive, a pic usually helps of the lcd but better still the maker name on the controller, in your case
the XT W108 & C961 are one and the same. They are made by Bafang/8fun along with other variants,
I assume you have a sm5 jst plug so a case of hunting them down.

Controllers and lcd's to be compatible need to be from the same maker as the protocol software comms vary.

Hi Neahl

Thanks for your replies.

I have attached photos of the LCD, LCD pin plug connector, controller and motors.

When I was searching it appeared that the C961 should be the same as the XT W108 but the plug connectors are different (the C961appears to be a female socket and the W108 has a male pin plug) and when I inquired I was told that the C961 was not for rear hub motors but only for the mid crank motors.

Maybe I should just get a C961 and the lead that goes to the controller and try it.

Eventually I need about 10 replacement LCD's so I want to get it right.

Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Though the hub is a Bafang swx, it is possible the controller isn't and lcd may be a copy or have different software. I would have expected the controller to have szbaf .com or sfbaf- bafang.con to be printed on the label.
You coul dopen the controller and see what name is printed on the pcb.

So far away, different continent and probably a different product source albeit from China.

Advertisers