Yamaha Haibike SDURO Micro USB

Badger999

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 5, 2017
Watford
For all those Haibikers who are thinking about getting a Micro USB cable to charge your IPhone 5,6 or 7 please be advised that they will not work on the accessory port on the Bosch and Yamaha Micro USB ports. This cable is sold by electricbikeshop.co.uk https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/eBike-Spare-Parts/Yamaha-eBike-Spares/bosch-usb-converter - they only work on Android devices and not the latest iPhones. The power required by iPhones is huge. So before you go crazy trying different combinations of cables/connections... don't bother. There is no info out there and I had to resort to asking this question to a German bike shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Are you sure it's to do with power?

I read that some iPhone cables have a chip in them by Apple that means you can only use the original cable to charge.

Last edited:

Badger999

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 5, 2017
Watford
Are you sure it's to do with power?

I read that some iPhone cables have a chip in them by Apple that means you can only use the original cable to charge.
Nothing to do with a chip... essentially the port only delivers a limited power which is adequate for android devices. You can still use the lightning cable connected to Micro USB so it's about the current delivery and nothing to do with iPhone cables. You would still use the iPhone cable anyway. Hope this makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisers