Yet another new battery technology.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it looks like Aluminium Ion battery, aluminium + Lithium ion.
Very interesting. Fast charging may not be so good when the capacity is scaled up to make it commercially viable.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Some of these journalists need their R's kicking for factual inaccuracies. The article starts by saying scientists have invented a "...battery (that) can charge a mobile phone in one minute."

I already have a few of these laying around, one in each of my cars for a start.

I am assuming the article meant "...a phone battery that can be charged in one minute..."

Surely someone proof reads/edits these articles?

(Oh, thanks for the link John, no reflection on you sir!)

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I am assuming the article meant "...a phone battery that can be charged in one minute..."
Quite, although the scientists have not invented a mobile phone battery.

They have invented battery technology which, if used in an application the size of a mobile phone battery, could be charged in one minute.

Presumably an ebike sized battery would take a lot longer charge, albeit it would be much quicker than current ones.

Or maybe not, perhaps any size of battery using this technology would charge in a minute, if you had enough grunt to put into it.

Good thing I'm not in charge (ho-ho) of battery development, we'd still be using Voltaic piles.

Reactions: Alan Quay

Advertisers