Yosepower hub kits.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
say not compatible with disc brakes
It only says quote Not fit for "HOLLOWTECH II" and Hydraulic Brake. the reason for this is the brake levers that are supplied with the kit they will work with standard disk brakes and V-brakes.

I would see if there's a 350w kit the 250w aren't that punchy in high winds or steep hills.
NO BATTERY with this kit check out...

https://www.yosepower.com/

In short YES you can use this kit.... however....

The problem with YOSE is the 4 to 1 cable,[ON CABLE] the LCD and the throttle seem to be standard FEMALE connectors however the BRAKE connectors are MALE therefore on the pair of LUX brake levers with sensors you have FEMALE connectors which works fine with the YOSE setup....

Now you can use hydraulic brakes, the cheap option and in opinion not the safest option is to omit the brakes cut off sensors from your build, the setup will still work but you will have NO cut off when braking, each to their own here I lost one brake sensor the other day and I was lost with out it... the other option is to buy another 4 to 1 cable it will be still compatible with the YOSE kit but this time have FEMALE end for all(LCD throttle and two brake senors) then you can buy a pair of sick on brake sensor, after checking weather they will actually fit and work first, add the senors magnets and you now have brake cut off senors.

I have sick on brake sensors because I liked my brake levers on my V-brakes with my first bike, now I have gear levers and brakes in one so needed brake sensors - if you want a pic let me know!

**If possible anyone reading this who has purchased a NEW kit in the last, say 5 months can/could confirm what I have stated above or that YOSE have actually changed the 4 to 1 cable.

Last edited:

crazy_raptor

Just Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Thanks PC,

Yes aware there was no battery and was considering this one: (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Bottle-36V10-4Ah-Lithium-ion-E-bike-Electric-Bicycle-Battery-Down-Tube-New/302741130127

this bring is to ~ £368 (+ extra for the brake sensors). This makes it somewhat cheaper than other kits on the market.

They ran out on brake adapters (new stock in november apparently) and this is how they look : https://www.yosepower.com/en/product/2x-Hydraulic-or-Mechanical-Brake-Sensor-For-eBike-use-for-YOSE-POWER-Conversion-KITS-use-only-148.html . this looks like a 3 pin female?

I can see your point of other ones online being 3 or 2 pin male adapters... ugh.. Is it possible to homebrew the connection (e.g. solder the leads)?

But do you think this motor will be too weak or poor quality? I am mainly looking to get some extra support for taking the kids to school in a timely way as the road is quite dangerous and has some steep hills which i struggle with.Beyond that I will be using my bike in non elec mode as i am using it to build up some of the lost fitness ..

IT does say for the controller: Low voltage protection: 30V, Rated current: 7A, Max. current: 15A.
Waterproof connecters: motor, battery, PAS sensor, and 5 in 1 cable.
Controller size: L*W*H=8.2*5.2*3.1cm

Thanks!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
They ran out on brake adapters
ooh yer maybe I should of checked to see if they supply them lol, well spotted, my bad, they will be fine with the YOSE 4 to 1 cable!

I would wait for the YOSE sensors, mashing cables together is a last resort, trust me I have a JST to Julet mashed up wire on my current PAS, its not impossible but it adds bulk to your cable and looks messy, mines hidden under the bike but waterproofing can be an issue too.

Battery might be cheaper as a full kit if there is one of course, but yes that one would work!

When it comes to YOSE the quality does rate high on this forum thread from owning one myself and gauged from what others have mentioned, however if you read a few posts back, one forum member is questioning a noisy motor, so when it comes down to it, YOSE and other brands do try their best at quality control but as normal a few will slip through the net... customer service is fair, I needed a new 4 to 1 cable as a pin had snapped and it did take a good 20 emails just to get them to understand what I needed, I don't think they were being awkward but it did test my patience, but I maintained a calm with a respectful tone and the problem was eventually solved. I am afraid you have to make your own mind up about long distance purchases or take a punt, I did when I purchased my dilllenger 350w and that kinda worked out well. There is some good youtube vids on buying from china and some ebike kit specific!

As for the 250 or 350, my front YOSE is 250w and the dillenger is 350w I went to great lengths to fix my broken 350w and amazingly I managed it after it died at 2000 miles and its still going strong another 1300+ since the big fix, when It died I swapped it out for the 250w while I sourced parts and researched how to fix it and it was winter, a hard, cold, wet and windy one, for lazy shopping and summer runs it was ok but I did miss the extra power of the 350w esp in head wind and nasty hills.

I don't know about this 5 to 1 cable, sometimes things on Chinese sites get messed up in translation. I will have a look at that 2mo!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
5 in 1 cable
Morning - the 5 "in" 1 refers to the 4 connectors at one end and the one connector at the other end, I would imagine.

On previous posts, a few pages back 12ish onward, you'll find a discussion of a member(s) buying the 350w rear "Hailong" battery and kit as a whole ie full kit and with the dawn of the hailong design YOSE has, very nicely if I may say so, integrated the controller into the battery rack housing or "stealth controller", eliminating the need for the "controller in a triangle bag" and too many messy wires to sort out, if you look you'll also find some pictures of this setup on bike & a good job he did of it too.

I have had a stealth controller from my first conversion and I would find it hard to go back, even though they have been around for a while in rare kits like mine, off the shelf ebikes and now the YOSE hailong kit, they are pricey to replace if they do die, the up sides are they are now easier to source and I have only replaced mine once after 1500 miles due to slight water damage but I bet if i tested today it would still work for a few miles, luckily I had a freebie from dillenger after I purchased one so now I have another spare in case!

you'll need to check yourself when buying as the pictures still indicate and separate controller if you decide you like this idea.

dwvl

Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2018
Essex, UK
If you have a good video cam with fairly good audio quality I would personally lift the bike off the ground and run the motor, firstly to hear if the noise is just the hum of the motor or actual grinding and record it for a good length of time
I've just got around to doing this - the video of it running at no-load maximum speed (18.1mph) is at
The video of it operating during walk-assist is at

Can you tell whether that's normal? I haven't yet asked Alice...

Thanks!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Can you tell whether that's normal?
It sounds like it should IMO, I couldn't hear any grinding noise so if there was a grinding noise as you recorded that, the cam audio did not pick it up, its maybe slightly nosier than it should be as new, this is mine, upside down loosely installed without tyre, please skip to 12:50. MY cam audio is not the best!

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/yose-250w-26-36v-front-wheel-hub-conversion-kit-black-in-good-order.31196/

Make sure you check the disk brake bolts, or anything else is not catching on the forks, even the slightest contact at speed can make a noise.

I can not really advise you on what to do next, if you are or not happy with the kit.

ME personally: I would run it for a few weeks, if it gets any louder contact YOSE or as suggested remove the side plate and check the grease level, I have to stress, my suggestions are for general guidance only.

Reactions: dwvl

dwvl

Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2018
Essex, UK
It sounds like it should IMO........... ME personally: I would run it for a few weeks, if it gets any louder contact YOSE or as suggested remove the side plate and check the grease level, I have to stress, my suggestions are for general guidance only.
Thanks PC2017, I find that helpful. I'm inclined to do as you would. :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As mentioned all sounds good, front drive always sound louder.

Reactions: dwvl

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I find that helpful
No worries, it's always nice to lend an ear for a second or third opinion:D

front drive always sound louder.
I thought it was my hearing lol - On a different topic, I found some Lithium based grease at the back of dad's man cave(shed), would that be any good to use??

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Lithium should be ok, as long as it is not petroleum based.
Lithium is used as a thickener if it is white then usually made from animal fat I believe.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
made from animal fat I believe.
did not know that cool, to be fair I didn't take the lid off to check the colour, it didn't state anywhere that it is petroleum based so I would have to assume it wasn't.

Rakitic

Just Joined
Oct 1, 2018
There is one seller on aliexpress that sells female brake sensors, but cable is only 250mm instead of 380mm.

Where to buy all female 4in1 julet at reasonable price?

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Where to buy all female 4in1 julet at reasonable price?
Yose website sells FEMALE brake sensors not sure of the cable length or price though, I haven't looked.

Only if you have or will be buying the more common MALE brake sensors, then you will need a all FEMALE 4 to 1 cable.

It might be cheaper to buy the YOSE brand or FEMALE sensors and use the YOSE cable supplied, I haven't done the maths though!

ALL FEMALE CABLE

EDIT I have just noticed that the RED brake connectors are ONLY 2 pin not 3
THIS CABLE MIGHT ONLY WORK IF THE BRAKE SENSORS YOU BUY HAVE TWO PINS and MIGHT NOT BE COMPATIBLE with the yose kit

depending on your idea of "cheap" this is most likely the cheapest.
about £7.50 + £4-7 P&P so £10-15 total
(P&P depends on how quick you require it)

Postage on a throttle I purchased was $5.00 about £4.00 & about 2 weeks in transit

http://www.topbikekit.com/1electric-bike-waterproof-cable-connector-for-meterbrake-and-throttle-p-523.html

Always inspect the pictures and make sure they are right for your application

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
On reflection...

By the time you bothered with buying parts separately - It would be cheaper to buy the YOSE brand mainly because of the cable length and the noted 3 PIN connector, even if P&P is £15 it'll work out about the same.

I CAN NOT remember if I tested the YOSE controller on the dillenger 4 to 1 cable with the 2 pin brake sensors, so I would not like to say that the 2 pin brake sensors will work - for that reason I wouldn't bother in case it does not work!

Rakitic

Just Joined
Oct 1, 2018
yose dont have sensors in stock, those i saw are not red but female yellow julet
reasonable price is 5 usd for cable
but I can cut the cable, thought

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You could use the yellow julet though you need to omit the 5v+ pin /wire and check sequence is correct for the two remaining pins o_O !!!!!

Ignore the above to early in the morning for me :rolleyes:.
I use the dual voltage KT's with three wire connection , which can utilise a two wire sensor using ve- and signal only.

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
You could use the yellow julet though you need to omit the 5v+ pin /wire and check sequence is correct for the two remaining pins
I get it - i think

those i saw are not red but female yellow julet
Find them again and post a link - the colour should not matter, I would say as long as they are 3 pin then they might work.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
3 pin sensors Hall don't work with 2 pin connectors, but the opposite works.
You can wire a 2 pin sensor to a 3 pin connector by just using the gnd/v- & signal.

Yellow julets are for 3 pin Hall sensors and need all three wires to be connected, Halls they don't work any other way.

Red julets are all 2 pin so you can connected a two wire sensor to a 3 wire connector.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe