Yosepower hub kits.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
How about you drop them an e-mail asking about the specific Duty due saying that you have already paid the VAT in Germany and that you are curious so you have contacted HMRC to ask which extra duties you might be liable for on a product coming from Germany. Oh and a copy went to your solicitor too...

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Coming from Berlin there should be no tax or import duties.
May be the payment was for this new anti dumping tax that David Myall @ Wisper has been talking about !!!
Hi Neal and Blunderbuss, this has nothing to do with ADT, it's probably the VAT DHL have been asked to pay.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
How about you drop them an e-mail asking about the specific Duty due saying that you have already paid the VAT in Germany and that you are curious so you have contacted HMRC to ask which extra duties you might be liable for on a product coming from Germany. Oh and a copy went to your solicitor too...
if your suppliers operate a bonded warehouse, the goods held inside is considered free port status, still outside the EU, not duty and tax paid.
DHL can pick the goods from there and send to you, in which case, you are considered as a trade customer and have to pay import duty, VAT and import declaration.
So be careful. You will want to clarify before you buy that the goods is duty and VAT paid.

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
It was an administrative error that has now been refunded with an apology. Thanks to anotherkiwi for making the suggestions, if you had not i would not have bothered to email them - that is a few pounds that is going to my next project or maybe some fine grade sandpaper to tidy up the rim from Yosepower.

DynatechFan

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2017
t'North
Very happy with the rear hub kit I have on my commuter - was in the garage tonight looking at our off road tandem and pondering how it might run with some e-assistance . . .

Anyone know the weight of 26" rear cassette hub kit?

Anyone know if the wheels hub gears would be up to the job? We run pretty light (for a tandem) - 17kg tandem 72kg pilot 40kg kiddy copilot

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
Looking closer they have put some of the decal/stickers over most of the joint, but the bit on the rim looks like it would act like a planer and shave bits off brake pads on each pass if you were using rim brakes! But for strength I agree i can't see it will be any less.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I have an old Rigida rim that is joined in the same way and has had very little use, still has most of the paint/anodizing on it. The rim brake shoes are fine and the rim has worn smooth were the joint is.

dav

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 20, 2018
croatia
I have been using 28'' 36V kit for few days and it is great. I do have one question thought. Seems to me that it is not 28'' rim but less cause my old tire does not need help with ''inserts'' to assemble. I also tried 700x45 tire but inner tube was breaking.

Is this 27.5'' rim instead of 28''?
What would be maximum tire size for this rim?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
This hub seems to get better every time I use it and is a blast @48v, pas 5 28.5mph has me spinning out with 48/11 gearing and that's on knobbly 37c x 622 tyres.

Using it at 36v is enjoyable as well, like most hubs unassisted low speed is a bit of an effort with the weight all at the centre of the wheel and feels a bit heavy to 15/16mph. Generally once I'm above 16mph on the flat I'm unassisted and pas is in 0, saving battery mah for steeper short inclines esp around parts of Surrey Hills out Leith Hill way and Holmbury area as well as parts of E.Sx/Kent borders. Also pas 0 helps to increase range and is comfortable to ride to 19mph once above 16mph.
Like the Q128c this small powerful hub is truly better at 48v then it is at 36v and 17a is more then ample for power output. Currently running using 10a 2900mah PF cells at 10s & 13s.
Mileage is over 1k now.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
pas 5 28.5mph has me spinning out
Morning nealh - I assume by this you mean "no more pedal power at that speed"??

+ Could you pop some pics of this setup (48v 17a) in particular the wiring, as I would imagine this YOSE kit is all julet connectors, so I would be keen to see it connected to your LCD, controller and brake sensors, If you don't mind of course!

As usual thanks in advance...

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Hi guys

About to dip my toe into the world of conversions, excited as I have just ordered the yosepower rear hub 26" kit with battery for £308 from ebay ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/36V350W-E-bike-black-Hub-Motor-Cassette-kit-Rear-wheel-26-36V13Ah-Battery/223023790970?hash=item33ed40fb7a:g:cJsAAOSw4WRbIhT7 ), there's a 15% off code at the moment ( https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/no-exclusions-starts-at-4pm-uk-time-bst-ebaycom-has-15-off-sitewide-using-the-code-pronto15-ebay-us-3007099 )

Look forward to getting this installed on my GT Avalanche MTB in the next week or two.
A couple of questions up front if you don't mind, do I need a torque arm on the rear or does it come with one ? and my left crank arm is very close (2-3mm) to the bottom bracket shell, can I fit the torque sensor on the chainring side instead (theres a 3 chainring, happy to lose the granny wheel)...or is it easier to get a new bottom braket and if so what size do I need ( i think I currently have 68mm square taper BB)

Cheers !

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You will need to get a T/A.
It will be the V12L so only left fitting you will need 7mm gap, 1mm will be for clearance.
Remove both cranks and measure the OA width of the BB shaft and get a new BB with a longer shaft cost about £10, needs to be at least 6mm longer then your current one.

Reactions: egroover

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
You will need to get a T/A.
It will be the V12L so only left fitting you will need 7mm gap, 1mm will be for clearance.
Remove both cranks and measure the OA width of the BB shaft and get a new BB with a longer shaft cost about £10, needs to be at least 6mm longer then your current one.
Thanks Nealh, great advice. A quick look on ebay shows torque ares in verious sizes, 12m, 14mm etc, any idea of what size the yosepower wheel uses?
If I get a longer BB, will the chain line be out on the right hand side, and hence will it rub the front derailleur or not change gears well ?

lyme

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Staffordshire
I've just fitted a similar Yose Power kit to a Carrera Subway Two and my bottom bracket was 113mm which I replaced with a 122mm and adjusted the cable tension and stops to suit and it works fine. My kit came with two anti rotation washers which locate in the dropouts and stop the axle from rotating as the axle has two machined flats on it but still learning so someone may well advise torque arm/arms as well but covered around 80 miles on it so far with no problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: egroover

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
I've just fitted a similar Yose Power kit to a Carrera Subway Two and my bottom bracket was 113mm which I replaced with a 122mm and adjusted the cable tension and stops to suit and it works fine. My kit came with two thick washers which locate in the dropout and stop the axle from rotating as the axle has two machined flats on it.
Thanks lyme, that's really helpful info, cheers

Reactions: lyme

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
I've just fitted a similar Yose Power kit to a Carrera Subway Two and my bottom bracket was 113mm which I replaced with a 122mm and adjusted the cable tension and stops to suit and it works fine. My kit came with two thick washers which locate in the dropout and stop the axle from rotating as the axle has two machined flats on it.
lyme, can I ask if the 2 bottle cage holes were sufficient for the battery (assuming you used a downtube one) or did you have to drill extra holes and install rivnuts?