you want a motor with a gearbox in it?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

he 48er Revolution is the worldís first 48V powered eBike drive unit with a fully integrated automatic gearbox contained in a single unit. With its 2-in-1 drive and wide ranged Continuous Variable Planetary (CVP) stepless gearing, the 48er Revolution sets a new standard in integrated eBike systems, resulting in a fully automatic ride that is seamless in operation.

Motor specifications

• 48 V central drive unit with continuously variable automatic gearbox
  • Automatic and manual gearshift modes
  • 250 W power with 70 Nm torque
  • 380% transmission ratio
  • Weight: 6,4 kg
http://www.continental-bicycle-systems.com/en-gl/Ebikes/eBike/48V-eBike-System
dongle
https://www.badassebikes.com/en/badass-box-ebike-tuning/conti/

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
excellent find SW.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
only farmers fix their tractors nowadays.
how can they fix it them self when they need the ecu computer to see what is wrong in the first place that they wont sell to you and can only be done at the dealers for a price ;)

my m8 has a vw van from new and one off the window updown buttons has failed and as it is under warranty only vw can replace it and keep the warranty and they want like 500 quid to replace as it is classed as a wear part yet the part costs nothing and easy to replace but if he gets it done buy a 3rd party it will void the hole warranty because the ecu will tell them of a change of part not done buy vw dealer.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

see how beautiful this belt drive mid motor bike is, I think it's a major step forward.

• Agree
  • :D
Reactions: jens and Crockers

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I want over 500% range, 380% doesn't cut it in the mountains.

• Agree
Reactions: mike killay

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
how can they fix it them self when they need the ecu computer to see what is wrong in the first place that they wont sell to you and can only be done at the dealers for a price ;)

my m8 has a vw van from new and one off the window updown buttons has failed and as it is under warranty only vw can replace it and keep the warranty and they want like 500 quid to replace as it is classed as a wear part yet the part costs nothing and easy to replace but if he gets it done buy a 3rd party it will void the hole warranty because the ecu will tell them of a change of part not done buy vw dealer.
That's German Engineering for you.
(Ve haff ways of making you pay)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I wonder why they opted for what looks like a square taper bottom bracket design.
their 36V motor has Isis bb, the 48V has square taper.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and EddiePJ

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Definately, or at least hopefully a belt drive for me next bike. Also on my wish list is the Rohloff E-14.
I would have thought that CVT is particularly good for mid drive motors, you can maintain motor output during ratio shifts. A Rohlhoff would necessitate easing off on power before and during gear shifts.

D

Deleted member 4366

I would have thought that CVT is particularly good for mid drive motors, you can maintain motor output during ratio shifts. A Rohlhoff would necessitate easing off on power before and during gear shifts.
CVT on a crank-drive bike is one of those ideas that sound very logical and practical, but when you try it in practice, it doesn't quite give you what you'd hoped for.

I have Nuvinci on one of my CD bikes for which I had high hopes, but now it's confined to the garage. For me, nothing beats a hub-motor with derailleur gears. I don't know why, but that combination just seems to hit the spot - simple, light, durable and reliable. I'm not a luddite. I like to try everything new, and I'll try one of those Continental systems as soon as I can. If it's better, I'll buy one.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Only yesterday the government announced their internet scanning soffware to pick out terrorist related coded discussion.

Looks like you're first on their list. :eek:
they claim their software is 99.97% accurate, so I should sleep easy.

• :D
Reactions: flecc