ZYCLE ebike on Indiegogo

Discussion in 'Which electric bike should I buy?' started by RobNYC, Feb 19, 2018.

1. RobNYC

RobNYC Finding my (electric) wheels

I used to have an Ezee Quando II, which I loved. I got a Magnum Mi5 a few years ago and after breaking my leg, found that bike to be a bit large for me. I sunk $499 into the Zycle and hope to get it next month. I liked the smaller frame, especially now that I am just shy of 65. Does this ebike seem like a decent deal for £356?
    https://electricbikereview.com/xing-technologies/zycle/

2. Crockers

Crockers Pedelecer

They have that at $1400 about£1000 plus vat so your price seems very good. As for the bike I'll let other far more experienced than me comment on that aspect

3. acm2000

acm2000 Pedelecer

indiegogo? more like indienono

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. RobNYC

RobNYC Finding my (electric) wheels

Is that supposed to be helpful?

5. flecc

flecc Member

Hi Rob, long time since you were in last in here. The Zycle is certainly a very good price and seems ok from the video, but we have no knowledge of it here. I don't think it will be quite as powerful as your Quando was, but so long as you don't have any very steep hills that shouldn't matter.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Woosh

Woosh Trade Member

I usually find the claims made on indiegogo tend to be extreme (38 miles for the 6.6AH battery). I claim 35 miles for my 20" Gale with its 13AH battery. It's not that it's not doable, but what the battery does not give, you have to pedal for it.
    The power of most of current 20" wheeled bikes are no match for the Ezee Quando, the Zcyle has smaller motor and battery wouldn't do any better.
    There is also a usual problem with indiegogo's offerings: what happens about the guarantee if something goes wrong or if delivery is delayed? it's not likely possible to take the suppliers to Court.
    You have to add freight from China, duty and VAT to the $650 price tag. By the time you settle all bills, the Zcycle would cost about £680. You save some money but it's far from a good deal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice