My Bike Rides along the North Wales Coast Part 15

Published by Llandudno Wisperer in the blog Llandudno Wisperer's blog. Views: 385

Penrhyn Bay to Abergwyngregyn and then onto Menai Bridge
15th July 2017 and 12th October(to Menai) Cont'd
Part 6 Porth Penrhyn to Menai Bridge
© John Robert Cook 2017

PorthPenrhyn, once a busy port exporting slate from Penrhyn Quarry. From here I rode to Bangor Pier, almost all on cycle paths. Picture69.jpg

Bangor Pier. Just before the pier, on the corner is a wonderful real ale pub, the Tap and Spiel, very popular with students, that serves really good food. Picture70.jpg

From Bangor Pier, I cycled up Garth Hill, again on cycle path.
Picture71.jpg

I followed the Garth Road, with the Menai Straits on the right.
Picture72.jpg
Picture73.jpg

Instead of going up to Ffridd Road and following the official Route 5, I carried on, passed Bangor City FC and the university’s Normal Site, to Menai Bridge. Picture74.jpg

The view of the Straits from Thomas Telford’s bridge. It was really windy so I walked across.
Picture75.jpg

I had made it, on a very windy October’s day to Menai Bridge, Anglesey. I was really pleased with the way my Wisper had performed. I still had three bars of battery left.

Picture76.jpg
According to my OS App, I had travelled 25.19 miles. My total elevation was 1779 feet, and the highest point was 266 feet above sea level.
The week earlier, I had ridden from Penrhyn Bay to Chester in one day and then, with this ride I had ridden from Penrhyn Bay to Anglesey, so I had completed all the route in these two rides.

As well as cycling this route, during the summer I walked from Chester to Beaumaris on Anglesey, following the Wales Coast Path. Picture79.jpg Picture78.jpg
© John Robert Cook 2017
You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice