My Bike Rides along the North Wales Coast Part 4

Published by Llandudno Wisperer in the blog Llandudno Wisperer's blog. Views: 373

Penrhyn Bay to St Asaph and Ffynnongroyw
July and October 2017
© John Robert Cook 2017

I have cycled the route between Penrhyn Bay and Pensarn many times during the last 6 months. In July I cycled to St Asaph and in October to Ffynnongroyw. As the route follows the same track to Rhyl I have combined both routes.

I had planned not to cycle back from both St Asaph and Ffynnongroyw so, before I left, we fitted my bike rack. This has proved invaluable when cycling National Route 5 from Chester to Menai Bridge. Also, it will hold my old Powebyke and my Wisper, for when both of us go cycling.

Picture34.jpg
St. Trillo’s Chapel at Rhos on Sea. I can still remember the sense of achievement I felt when I first walked here back in March. Picture35.jpg
The new section of the promenade at Colwyn Bay, complete with Route 5 signs. This section was closed for over a year with a diversion through Colwyn Bay. It is almost finished now,(Dec 2017) with just one very short stretch were you have to get off your bike.
Picture36.jpg
Sculptures on the new section of prom at Colwyn Bay.
upload_2017-12-30_21-12-42.png

The pier at Colwyn Bay. It has now been shortened but will what remains survive the winter.

Picture37.jpg

A quiet day on the beach even though the temperature was 18c, warm for October. However, it was windy.
Picture38.jpg

After a 4 mile ride along the sea front with only a couple of hundred yards on the road at Rhos, I join the cycle track to Rainbow Bridge. (on the right of pic)
Picture39.jpg

This is definitely the steepest part of the path between Llandudno and Chester. My Wisper handles these hills with ease. Also, if I decide to conserve battery and walk up, I can use the throttle to assist me.

I find though, as the bike is much lighter than my Powabyke, it is easy to push up hills.
Picture40.jpg

At Llandulas, the path follows the banks of the River Dulas.
Picture42.jpg

A view of the Great Orme and Little Orme, with Anglesey in the background. Picture43.jpg
© John Robert Cook 2017

You need to be logged in to comment
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice