1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Bike Rides along the North Wales Coast Part 6

Published by Llandudno Wisperer in the blog Llandudno Wisperer's blog. Views: 241

Rhyl to St Asaph
23rd July 2017

© John Robert Cook 2017
After crossing the bridge you turn right, cross the main road and make your way to the boating lake. From here you follow the path and the cycleway signs, onto a quiet road, across a railway line and then onto a footpath. Picture50.jpg Picture51.jpg
Picture52.jpg

It is a good path to Rhuddlan, but with a few gates to open. Also, on one occasion I cycled it, a herd of cows had blocked the path. Picture53.jpg

One of the many gates on this route. Rhuddlan Castle in the background.
Picture54.jpg

The bridge into Rhuddlan. Here the family and their luggage ended up in the river after crashing their motor bike in the On the Buses film.
Picture55.jpg
At Rhuddlan you cycle through a nature reserve. Then it is the dual carriageway to St Asaph, but with a cycle track alongside.
I met Rosemary at The Plough in St Asaph. Even though it was around 8pm they were still serving Sunday dinner. I had the roast turkey and Rosemary the lamb. The veg was beautiful, with pickled red cabbage which we both enjoyed.

I was determined to go there for a meal, for Rosemary and Rachel had been there for Sunday lunch when I was in hospital, just before I was moved to Liverpool.

I had travelled 22.44 miles. My total ascent was 640 feet.

Attached Files:

You need to be logged in to comment