Color
Background color
Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. Hi everyone have got an issue and that is got a trec 810 mtb which is ideal as the forks are robust and strong steel which made it an ideal choice to use with mxus mottor, I checked it to fit my axle 100mm and it does but found once the hub was fitted on the forks I haven't enough clearance for the upper outer hub where the outer screws are fitted, the forks are wider fatter here then below where they sit, so my question is can I file/grind the sides flush to allow the forks the clearance needed ? I am guessing I need to clear 3mm each side but not for until tightened up. Any advise would be much appreciated I don't at this stage want to look at alternative forks. If not practical or safe to do so how about trying to widen stretch the forks further apart and if this is an option how or best way to do this?

Just researched the frame and this is what it's made of :

chromoly
    ˈkrəʊmɒli/
    noun
    1. a form of steel containing chromium and molybdenum, used to make strong, lightweight components such as bicycle frames.

Thanks guys

Attached Files:

2. Hi folks advise please have purchased a mtb recently and need to fit /secure the upper torque arm to the forks which are made of aluminium to do this require a very heavy duty jubilee fastener/clip to go round the forks which are 120mm diameter, torque arm has a 20mm width hole and 4mm slot hole. Where would I get a such a jubilee clip and would this be rust resistant as commute along the coast. Maybe a chandlers if really necessary Your advise and help is much appreciated
  3. Hi I require assistance please I have a new boxed up e bike kit 26" 36v motor this was intended to fit on my existing bike but have seen a Specialized sirrus sport disc 2016 large available and wanted to fit the kit on this model only thing being the size of wheel is 700c so can either purchase a front 700c wheel hopefully or the full kit, or with the Specialized sirrus sport disc 2016 large is there a make anyone can suggest which will fit my current kit 26 x 1.75 any help appreciated
  4. Hi urgent advice needed please I have a MXUS 36v x 350 front hub motor, this will be fitted to XCT SR Suntour Forks I know they are aluminium as I have done the magnet test. Reading on forums in America it seems it's a NO NO but they are using hubs 500w to1000w and it seems off road and vigorous cycling. So would anyone on here care to put my mind at rest on this subject. My cycling is solely for commuting no off road activities or jumps just off road allocated cycle paths and no break neck speeds ect. The bike is an aluxx 6000 Giant Boulder and as mentioned my forks which seem well made, sturdy and in excellent condition are XCT SR Suntour.

Any suggestions and advice much appreciated

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice