Color
Background color
Background image
Border Color
Font Type
Font Size
  1. Hi folks

The voyager was 3 years old last weekend - no party just 3 great years of good service and a few upgrade

now running the xiongda 2 speed 37v system with twin 10ah LifePo4 batteries , and the brakes upgraded to 180mm front and 160mm disc rear .

WP_20161128_11_07_20_Pro.jpg WP_20161128_11_07_11_Pro (2).jpg

regards emma
    Bladeforger likes this.
  2. Hi Folks
    With the exception of replacing the rear tyre the trike is finished , it has a q100 motor discs all round and new 32 hole 20mm axle disc front wheels and it will have a set of 2.1 burn-out slicks tyres fitted .

Am I pleased with the results - you bet I am

20-20side.jpg With the parts left over from this build and the previous e-trike battery upgrade I have enough to reinstate the old trike with SLA batteries and front disc brakes - It wont take long to sort it out

regards emma
    Bladeforger likes this.
  3. HI Folks
    With almost 7 months of this year gone , I have been looking back to what I have achieved and what to do before the end of the year . Our other hobbies have taken a place on the back burner while the 20/20 e-trike was built , but hopefully we can get back into the throws of things , we have a 34" radio control RAF crash tender to finish and hope to maiden it soon by taking the model down the lagoon in the trailer behind a trike , and go model RC aircraft flying again using the trailer and trike to carry the model up to the flying field .
    It makes sense to use the trike as its 15 miles by car but 4 miles by trike using farm tracks .

There is another trike build under way its about 1/3 complete but the weather is really too hot to grind and weld at the moment and so we have been out on the trikes , I wont be starting a thread on that but I will continue the 20/20 thread and keeping up with the updates on the trike.

regards emma
    Bladeforger likes this.
  4. Well June was an eventful month but we got there in the end , The 20/20 e-trike was sorted and the paint job was started on the 30th of June , and the front brakes on my daily transport ( my avatar ) were rebuilt after 9 months of daily use , the pads had become contaminated and on of the front cables had become "tight " rather than mess about I replaced the cable fitted new noodles and I have order a new pair of triple compound brake shoes for the rear brake . Still we are "there " and on target for our mini Zombie fest camping trip in a couple of weeks time .
    Someone came in the bank behind me and made a comment that he did not see me on my trike coming up the road ( hold on 7 foot long 3 foot wide over 3 foot high with a high vis flag on a flag pole , I suggested to him that it might be time that he gave up driving , I wonder what he would do if he saw a wheelie bin in the road !!!!

No I'm not going there .

regards all

emma
    Bladeforger likes this.
  5. Hi folks
    The build log of this trike is in a thread on this site
    Over the weekend we took the trike out for a few test run , Basically most of the initial teething troubles have been cured or noted. After a few more miles and a couple of weeks it will be ready to strip and paint .
    Today we took the unpainted trike out for the morning and gave it a few more miles under its wheels , the only thing to sort is the realignment on the middie drive , it has derailed a couple of times to date .
    The steering rod linkage was the only other problem and this has been upgraded to a 13 mm tube and 10mm rod ends and the problem has been sorted .
    Here is the photo of the trike down on Seaford beach today . seaford.jpg
    Bladeforger likes this.
  6. A week after I started the 20" wheel trike it is almost complete , barring the battery , and freewheel which haven't arrived yet , the motor seems ok in its 20" wheel and I have given it a very short test run under motor power .it needs a little tidying and the freewheel fitting and a proper battery so l can get a hundred or so miles under its wheels before l strip and paint it . it fits happily in the boot of the car and l can manage to lift it without a battery , I cannot wait for the initial test rides , but l will report later after the testing period . trikemon1.jpg
    Bladeforger likes this.
  7. During the last 3 days The trike has started to come together with the frame welded ( but in two pieces ) with the front boom made up and the hub carriers and disc brakes brackets WP_20140529_008.jpg welded in place , The currie e-hub is now living in its 20" wheel , The only thing holding me up is a free wheel unit , i test assembled the trike today to check the measurements track 31 " wheelbase 40.5" height 24 " and the Bottom bracket height 15" and seat height 13.5 "
    I won't attempt to weigh it until later into the build when more of it is assembled .
    Still plenty to do whilst I wait for the bits to arrive

regards emma
    Bladeforger likes this.
  8. Hi Folks

Yes we have just had our late May bank holiday or Whitsun as it was once called , It should have been called wet sun as most of the time it rains for the whole of the weekend .
    Sunday was the best and only day it did not rain and we did get out for a couple of hours in the afternoon down to our favourite spot on Shoreham beach , The "post " in the background now has some signs on it and the board walk has been finished , after an ice cream we came back home for Dinner.
    Both trikes have been upgraded to lithium battery packs and now have a range of 18 miles .
    By now I had hoped to remove the winterisation on the red trike but it looks like the mudguards are here to stay for a bit longer.
    [​IMG]
    Shoreham beach on Bank Holiday Sunday
    Bladeforger likes this.
  9. Hi Folks
    The problem I have with both the two e-trikes is that they do not fit nicely in the boot of the car ( a Mondeo estate ) so I have been toying with the idea of building a trike that will fit ( in one piece in the boot ) with electric assist .

This "new " trike will be powered by a currie motor that came from a Izip ezgo ,I have replaced the controller with a 36 v one and I am in the process of gathering the parts together for the new build . The Izip currie motor will be rebuilt into a 20" rim and the trike will have 20" wheels all round , This should reduce the wheelbase and overall length , keeping the track at a respectable 31" and the wheelbase around 40" should make a lively and stable e-trike that should fit happily in the boot of the car and still be a full-size tadpole trike .

The specification of the new trike will include front 160 mm disc brakes and the drum brake fitted to the e-hub on the rear , Under Seat Steering together with Centre point steering is a must , and some form of pannier for storage .

The only little opportunity at the moment is fitting a multiple free wheel on the limited space on the motor that was originally designed for a single speed freewheel , I hope to overcome this by fitting a 3 speed freewheel and with a quad speed front chainset , this should give me e-assist and 12 speed , I have already built the 36h front wheels with 14mm axles and disc brake conversion and I am waiting for the spokes for the rear wheel to arrive , luckily I managed to find a 20" 28 hole rim for the rear wheel and I have stretched the 20" MTB rear triangle to fit the width of the e-hub .
    I hope to update the blog with my progress on the build ,
    The new trike is a home designed trike based on my "terrier " Pedal trike but with the 20" rear e-wheel rather than the 24 " rear wheel of the terrier . The original trike - my green street e-fox was based on the atomic zombie streetfox fitted with an e-motor
    I have all the electronics , including brake levers , throttle and pedelec sensor barring a 36 v battery and I hope to start to weld up the new frame after the Bank holiday weekend , failing finding a 36 v battery in time I will use the 3 12 v SLA batteries from the red e-trike I have converted to Lion cells until a replacement battery comes along .
    It would be nice to finish it by mid July .

watch this space This is the 20/24 terrier , the new 20/20 should be about five inches shorter .
    regards emma
    terrier2r.jpg
    Bladeforger likes this.
  10. Today as it was such a lovely day we went down to Shoreham Beach to give the E-Trikes an airing twinetrikes1.JPG

Both trikes are home built ,the green one is a modified Streetfox ( Atomic Zombie Plan ) where as the red one is the redesigned E-trike that was built from scratch , Both trikes are built from 16 g steel tubing and have Under Seat Steering and 160mm front disc brakes and 28 gears ( 7x4 ) , see atomiczombie.com . the leaner meaner thread for the red one or lean mean thread for the green streetfox variant or view their online newsletter.
    ( Feb 2014 ).
    The Red one is now powered by a 48v 10.4 Ah Li-on battery where the green one only has a 7.2 Ah SLA battery , the difference of weight is 94 lbs for the green one and 82 lb for the red one, The Li-on cells make quite a diference to the weight.

More details will follow

regards emma
  11. Hi Folks
    Its been a while since I pressed a few keys on the laptop

Since I have gone quiet for a few weeks , it did not mean I have been asleep , I have finally decommissioned the Trex ( and Sold it ) and rebuilt the e-bits into the Street E-fox , This is one of the Atomic Zombie plans available on their website . Both of my trikes are homebuilt from a selection of BMX and mountain bike bits to keep the cost down . Again the Street E-fox specification is similar to The original Leaner , Greener which was my own design . Both have the grunt to make them go well , with 28 gears ( 4 x7 ) Just in case you find yourself pedalling it home .In addition I have started to build another trike as the interest I have had has been very good , earlier this week I bit the bullet and ordered and have just received a 48v 10.5 ah Li-on pack delivered to me yesterday . I have just fitted it to the red trike , The new green trike is still running SLA batteries and we will see what happens if the money becomes available to upgrade after I have thoroughly tested them out on the red trike . Both trikes have Under Seat Steering and are mid sprung on the rear triangle . They are fitted with 160 mm disc brakes on the front , and use a vee brake on the rear to comply with UK law .Since the battery upgrade on the red trike it has lost over 16 kg of weight ,making it lighter and I hope it will give a better range in return . Only time will tell .The other Modification I have done to both trikes are a shorter seat back to make it easier to transport in the rear of a Mondeo Estate .
    Here are the photos of both the trikes ,
    the new street E fox
    [​IMG]
    street E -fox

The leaner, meaner voyager e-trike on the shoreham ferry bridge
    ( part of the Sustran Shoreham to Worthing Cycle Route )
    [​IMG]
    this is featured in the atomiczombie feb 2014 newsletter
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice