New Kalkhoff Pro Connect BS10 owner

Brian Dawber

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 11, 2012
Derbyshire
Just received my brand new bike from 50cycles, impressed with the cable layout, general build quality and the HMI. Hopefully going to go for a test ride either later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Reason for buying:
The main reason for buying a pedalec is to do my 12 mile each way commute (mostly flat) 5 days a week. I'll try and post some stats and a mini review once I've got into a regular routine. My previous commute was 6 miles each way up some nasty hills, which I managed in about 25 minutes on my Dahon Zero-G folding MTB with Marathon+ Tour tyres on. 12 miles is just too much to do unassisted everyday now I'm nearly 40!
Previous bikes:
I've previously tinkered with a full suspension mtb with a magic pie 3 motor + lifePO4 setup, but abandoned the project after frying one controller by using regen on a very fast downhill and finding out its nearly impossible to pedal once the controller is fried.
Just hope that the new Almax Series III chain I've bought will secure the bike from pikeys.

Badger

Just Joined
May 5, 2012
Kingsbridge
Hi, I've just ordered a BS10 too - I'll be very interested to hear your views.

Reason for buying: Hills
Previous bikes: Pushbike

The reason that I chose this bike is the extra power for getting up hills - and for getting out of the way of cars - most of the lanes here are single track and not all drivers are patient with cyclists (for some reason that problem seems to get worse in Summer).

I'll post my experiences on this forum if you're happy for me to.

Enjoy your bike!

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Hi Brian
I purchased my first ebike for very similar reasons to you. The Kalkhoffs are great bikes with a very good reputation
Have fun!

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Just hope that the new Almax Series III chain I've bought will secure the bike from pikeys.
Brian, please refrain from using that term as it is no longer acceptable. Apparently, under recent EU legislation, we must all refer to such people as "Caravan Utilising Nomadic Travellers". It is a little long-winded but some have already shortened the term to make it easier.

Indalo

Reactions: EddiePJ

Brian Dawber

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 11, 2012
Derbyshire
A bit of a hiccup on my first long ride (only hand tightened the drive side pedal and stripped the thread!) meant I had to wait 3 weeks for a spare from Kalkhoff/50cycles. This happened after 12 miles, the last two of which the pedal started to feel a bit funny and I thought it was my spd slipping off the non-spd pedals. On the plus side, I made it home with one pedal thanks to the assist, not a ride I would repeat as my left leg was killing me the day after.
As a result of my faux pas I also had to 120 miles per week for the past 3 weeks :-( . The part finally arrived on Friday, and I made double sure everything was tight this time. 50 cycles were really helpful, but it takes them a while to get spares from Germany so they eventually removed a crank from a bike in stock rather than let me wait another week.
I'll post some stats from the next weeks commute each day if I can (provided I don't break it again!)