User Titles

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
A few members have expressed that they would like different titles to be displayed next to the user name in posts.

User titles are based on the number of posts so we can have as many or as few as you like.

It is also possible to have a custom user title, but you would need to PM me as I would need to add it manually.

Anyhow, if you have any suggestions post away!

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
A few members have expressed that they would like different titles to be displayed next to the user name in posts.

User titles are based on the number of posts so we can have as many or as few as you like.

It is also possible to have a custom user title, but you would need to PM me as I would need to add it manually.

Anyhow, if you have any suggestions post away!
"Finding your (electric) wheels" may be OK for the first 50 or so posts, but not up to a 1000.:( How about 'ebiker'? I don't like 'pedelecker'. Personally I would like Cheeky Git:p

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I thought I had found my (electric) wheels, Grace MX but it seemed not to be. Takes a long time doesn't it.

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
Many members log in to see whats new but don't post. It would be better if Pedelec user title took into account time since they initially registered and became active ebikers. There is more to being an active Pedelec member than just frequency of posting.

Reactions: wd0021089 and D C

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I'm beginning to like the new site a lot but find the user titles a bit silly and misleading.
Would it not be best to replace them with number of posts?
It would also be nice to add "member since" but as this may not be possible those who wish could perhaps add date of joining to their signature.

Reactions: Hugh

hoppy

May 25, 2010
Please will the administrators change these daft titles.I notice Frank Curran of longstanding Powabyke fame has been labelled Just Joined! Many like me have been members for years and are described as Finding my (electric) wheels!
Come on!

Reactions: fcurran

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Poor Frank Curran, after all the generous advice he's given to so many members, some with other make e-bikes.

All such titles will have weaknesses, but I think those indicating a person as a tyro are the most likely to be objectionable. In a forum on another subject where I've only been a member for a short time, I have no title, status titles only given to members with longer records of knowledge.

Reactions: fcurran

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Whilst on the subject of moaning, it would be nice if people took the time to read forum sub headings in order to find a suitable/correct place for topics.

This thread, and the one moaning about the site update, both being a prime examples.

Why clutter the forum with non relevant topics. It would be better placed to start threads such as these, in the Off-Topic Chat section, or even just PM admin.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Whilst on the subject of moaning, it would be nice if people took the time to read forum sub headings in order to find a suitable/correct place for topics.

This thread, and the one moaning about the site update, both being a prime examples.

Why clutter the forum with non relevant topics. It would be better placed to start threads such as these, in the Off-Topic Chat section, or even just PM admin.
Actually it was the senior administrator who started this User Tltles thread in the electric bicycles forum, so apparently thought to be in the correct place. I can see the point of that, to reach all members since it affects all.

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
I'm beginning to like the new site a lot but find the user titles a bit silly and misleading.
Would it not be best to replace them with number of posts?
It would also be nice to add "member since" but as this may not be possible those who wish could perhaps add date of joining to their signature.
Wot he said :)

Reactions: D C

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Another vote for member since and/or number of posts.

hoppy

May 25, 2010
Just noticed Hatti the proprietor of Woosh bikes is described as "Just joined"!

rustic

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2008
North Essex
I think I've been a member for about 5 years, but don't post that often. Location / Date joined and / or number of posts would seem the most relevant info to display next to a posters icon. I really don't go for the title idea at all, seems a fairly pointless addition to an otherwise decent site if I'm honest Russ.

Reactions: Hugh and flecc

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
We're getting there then - just need titles to vanish now o_O

Reactions: Scimitar