Possible Haibike purchase.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Over the last few weeks I've been bouncing ideas, changing my mind, then changing it again, then yesterday decided to be cheeky and send an email to German company for a long shot best price on a 2014 HAIBIKE XDURO FS RS 27.5“ delivered here to the UK. I almost fell on the floor when I saw the saving, (not that the bike is available here anyway), which brought the cost down in line with the lower end/spec UK models. Even the delivery was free. I'd have to wait until early April for it to arrive if I go ahead with it, but I really wasn't expecting the deal that was offered, and it now has me in the shall I shan't I corner! I knew that I shouldn't have asked!!

Google library image.

The 350w motor has been omitted from the Haibike website details.

D

Deleted member 4366

I think that it'll be perfect for your style of riding. Go for it and make us all jealous.

Reactions: jackhandy

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Will it leave you short of money if you buy it.
I'd say probably not, or you wouldn't have asked for a price in the first place.
Just do it, you know it makes sense.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Dave, why couldn't you have just said that they are rubbish. :( :D

I'm so tempted, and it would be delivered roughly in time for my Birthday in April.

Will it leave you short of money if you buy it.
I'd say probably not, or you wouldn't have asked for a price in the first place.
Just do it, you know it makes sense.
Yes and no really. It was more a case of me being cheeky to see what response I'd get. It had worked with someone else on here with a different company, so I thought that I'd chance my luck as well.
I bought the BH on impulse when I shouldn't had done, and that proved to be something that changed my life for the better. You wouldn't have believed just how miserably that I was before buying that.
I'm now just so hooked on riding off road, and as it's been well proven by me that the BH isn't designed with my kind of use in mind. I looked at the whole Haibike model range, and just thought that if I'm going to change the bike, then I'd try to get one that I won't out grow spec wise. Work has been very iffy for three years now, and I haven't had a holiday in 5yrs, but things have suddenly picked up, and I'm heading for that horrid sick feeling of what have I just done!!!:D

Last edited:

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London

GBCS

Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
Hull
I'm interested as well. I have been offered a price, but they couldn't confirm a delivery date. Has the place you are talking to got stock ?

Group buy ?

Reactions: iain85

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
This is sounding promising. :)

The bike or my size 50 wasn't in stock, and delivery was quoted as week 15 (early April) I'll give them a call tomorrow (or rather ask my German Mum-in-law to) to see what if any deals are available for a group buy. :)

iain85

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2010
Ha ha, are there loads of byways near you Eddie? Might have to get the Ktm down your way if so! Assuming you'll put the kettle on!

iain85

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2010
Also could be a good excuse for a road trip to pick them up from Germany! Beer stein bitte?

GBCS

Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
Hull
I'll open the bidding.

I have been offered one at 4600 Euros delivered.

£3794 at current rates, or an Xduro FS Pro 27.5" for 4100 Euros ( £3382 ) delivered.

They are allowing 200 Euros for delivery, so adjust accordingly.

Last edited:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I also had a quote for 4600euro delivered, but an email from a German relative indicated that the price via another dealer close to him came out pretty much at the price that you have quoted for the pro. Compared with UK prices, that seems to me to be exceptionally good when compared to UK prices and spec.
I've asked him to also find out the price for wear and tear parts such as sprockets etc. Not knowing what type that it uses, I don't want to buy a bike that has a sprocket cost such as fitted to the AMT of £250.00 I'd sooner not buy the bike if those kind of costs have to be factored in.
I'll keep you both updated via PM when I know more about any furthers deals etc that may be on offer.

I must admit though that I didn't sleep well last night going over this possible purchase.

iain85

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2010
Good call about the wear and tear parts. Didn't even think about them. Also would be interested to know about potential warranty claim issues and how they would be handled ?
So the price for rx pro would be around £3.3k Eddie according to your German relative ?

Richy

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2013
Watford
I'd be up for a group buy. I'm looking for another e-bike now but is haibike the way to go from a value perspective?

GBCS

Pedelecer
Jan 25, 2014
Hull
The model to go for is tricky, but the only way it will work is if several people want the same one.
The XDURO FS RS 27.5“ looks like a good starting point, as several people have expressed an interest.
If Eddie can secure the price he has indicated, I'm in. I may also be able to arrange a collection to bring them back to Hull for nowt if the shop isn't too far from Dusseldorf / Cologne, or between there and here via Rotterdam.

Advertisers