Sorry Guys,this new format is not working for Kudos

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Would be happy to publish info about some of our new 2014 bikes but not possible currently.

:)
why not?
go on, tell us (well, at least point us in the right direction).

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
It is FreeGo Wisper Group - Blue Label bikes which there seems to be little info about them on here so not our own brand but have been impressed (prices were comptitive but have gone up quite alot now) and new 2013 stepthough AVE bike which is cheaper than most Bosch bikes. Would love our own brand but yet to find something that is more competitive to warrant us stocking. KTM are probably still the best value for Bosch bikes at the moment (in my opinion)

We are currently weighing up whether to add BH Emotion again but training was an interesting experience. I think they work well on the road but not off road :) Love the Haibikes (not a brand we do).

Generally love trying e bikes even if it is a brand we are not likely to sell. Also interesting Koga are now distributed by Maxtrack (used to distibute BH Emotion).

Always interested in members opinons on bikes.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Hang on. Let me check ... (Pause)

Goodness ... Why am I not surprised?

It is quite apparent and obvious that opinion of certain sections of the Pedelec merchant community is far from objective.

Here is a fictional account to infer the sort of exchanges I've just read in the Which electric bike should I buy? forum.

"We have the eBike, model number XXXX" enthuses one trader in answering a question by the poster. "Check out our website" (A link is pasted).

"Our bike will do that", utters another ... and a third, supposedly helpful business, states, "Try ours ...We can lend you a demo".

This is in a public forum where users or potential users might welcome objective comments from everyday owners of an electric bicycle and sure, being fair to our commercial eBike traders, some merchants resist the urge to be as crass or blatant as others and, at least, many other comments and posts are diluted with real, Joe Public, accounts of their own experience of a particular brand or genre of machine.
You sound a bit cynical and also unfair.
'Which bike should I buy' cannot function without traders spending their time fighting over the leads. I wish more traders find the time to participate.

I have read practically every single post in this section of the forum in the last 4 years and have never been disappointed.
1) not all traders push their kits in this section
2) those who do tend to do so perfectly gentlemanly
3) those who exagerate will quickly get kicked about by knowledgeable members
4) countless number of lurkers and newbies are saved from buying the wrong bikes
5) and lots of them save quite a bit of money

It's as good as it can be, I like it like it is.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
...Would love our own brand but yet to find something that is more competitive to warrant us stocking.
why not talk to other traders here to customize and share their stock?

C

Cyclezee

As a trade member I am happy to listen to or read constructive criticism.
However, as has already been said you can't please all of the people all of the time, that's life I suppose.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Trex it is a nice idea but not something we would probably do. We want something to set ourselves apart from other companies. So will keep looking. Always willing to listen to ideas though :)

los monty

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2013
Over 150 replies and 2500+ views. Are you sure it's not working for you? ;)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Los Monty...you are quite right,the numbers speak loudly,it's not the forum that was not working for traders it was the arrangement...in this section 150 replies and 2500 views.
But if you look at the trade announcement section whilst this thread has been running it has had only 2 additional views (144-146).
There seems little objection to us all lumped into the electric bicycles section so maybe my posting has highlighted a problem that really only needed to be talked through.
I suspect that all of us would understand that the awful weather of late did nothing for bike sales but even a glimmer of blue sky and the sun has made all of my dealers busy...I feel genuinely confident that this spring will be the year that the UK public will wake up to the advantages of e-bikes and that the manufacturers are offering product that meets the desires of the ideal profile of UK electric bike customers.
It is a little frustrating that the photos of the new Kudos bikes cannot be released until the London Excel bike show but I must say that all the new bikes from KTM are very exciting.
Thank you all for stating your position on this matter,which was important to many e-bike suppliers.
KudosDave.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I'm another who switched to the New Posts option some while ago to avoid missing anything and also so I didn't have to search all the other forums individually.

Personally I've always preferred almost everything lumped together in one forum in a moderate posting rate forum. Breaking into many forums is mainly useful in the busiest sites where threads can disappear off the front page in minutes.
Me too Flecc, I also agree with Dave, the forum used to work very well when everything was "lumped" together, especially for those wanting quickly to see what is going on in the industry, I believe this includes new users of the forum. Offers, product promotion etc by those wanting to make a living in the industry can simply be ignored by those who are not interested. I think everything now is too fragmented.

There were one or two that would leap on any sniff of a sale whatever the enquiry and I agree those guys need to be less enthusiastic, but again they can simply be ignored. The whole point of any forum surely is to encourage discussion?

All the best

David

Beach

De-registered
Sep 26, 2013
Poisonally - I would like a "Precis" button so I don't have to wade through the long-winded posts some of the newer members seem to favour.
This post is for jackhandy, (or others), to avoid any delicate mind from suffering the mental exhaustion of having to reading my long winded comments. (Coming next).

Precis

Presently, I'll be posting comments accordingly.

To OxygenJames, the thrust of my comments will centre on the benefits of encouraging harmony on a forum ... and I'll express how impressed I have been with HelenJ's response to addressing members concerns.

To Fish36, I'll be asking if it was my Brand New Sky thread he read last week when he said he enjoyed reading the passion a new member had in purchasing and using his new eBike. http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/brand-new-sky.16600/

I'll also be agreeing that Pedelecs was helpful in helping me make my eBike purchase decision.

To Electrifying Cycles, I'll be confirming that, sure, us non trade folk do enjoy the Pedelec foras.

To HelenJ, I'll be relating my thoughts, as a new member, regarding the revised site format and my feedback as a new site member ... and I'll be ammending my earlier view of pedelecs ... having now seen the human side of the forum.

I won't be responding to 103Alex1 with a direct comment. instead, I'll just say here that his comment made me smile!

To flecc, I'll be thanking him for briefly explaining the site's history ... and offering an account I experienced on another site where I suppose I was the seasoned member trying to keep the peace or keep the site on track during a phase of discontent that swept through it.

To trex, I'll admit I probably did sound cynical and a bit unfair at the time ... but I'll explain that since posting my original comments, (thanks to this very thread), I have now seen the beating heart and human side of the Pedelec forum.

But really, jackhandy. Don't bust a gut. I mean, you should understand forum etiquette.

If you don't like a post, (or a poster), just move on to a thread or post that you do like.

Screw it!

Actually. I don't think I will bother to post the comments I have been crafting and preparing all afternoon. I'll just post this Precis instead.

Well done, handyjack. You've done everyone a favour and spared members from having to tolerate any more of my long winded posts.

Reactions: jackhandy

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Folks, please respect that all opinions are welcome on this site. If you don't want to read through a topic, move onto the next one! Let's not make anyone feel unwelcome.

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
You can't please everyone Beach.

I'm sure theres plenty, like me, who do enjoy your long posts and appreciate your time and effort in crafting your interesting and very well written posts.

A lot of what you say about the forum rings true with me. There were plenty of heated arguments years ago but in general the forum seemed a friendlier and more interesting place years ago.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
OK, we will not be making radical changes all at once. To begin with, official trader members are permitted to introduce new models and initiatives in the main Pedelecs forum.

The 'What electric bike should I buy' will stay as it is for now. This is the main forum for traders to chip in with their recommendations as long as their posts are relevant.

I will look into modifying the site so a poster can select whether they wish to solicit trade responses when asking for bike recommendations. This will then enable us to combine the two forums.

Technical we will combine into the main forum. We will create a 'Technical' sticky thread which can be structured to help those find specific topics. If members feel a topic should be added to the thread, reply to it and we will update it accordingly.

I will also tidy up and slim down the other forums and move various threads / stickies around to the most appropriate place.

Reviews section will be redesigned - Pedelecs is going to start reviewing bikes this year. We have some ideas to make this an interesting format. Manufacturers - if you want your bikes reviewed , get in touch.

T&C's will be updated shortly.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
This was a precis?, I can't wait for the long version:):)
Seriously Beach, your posts so far have been a breath of fresh air and read like a letter from an old friend.
Please keep them coming:)

Reactions: EddiePJ
D

Deleted member 4366

Actually. I don't think I will bother to post the comments I have been crafting and preparing all afternoon. I'll just post this Precis instead.
I prefer the long version, and I don't think that I'm the only one,

Reactions: bigroy

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
I prefer the long version, and I don't think that I'm the only one,
Yup. I had no problem's with the long ones - you're obviously a bright guy - creative - been around the block a few times - value your privacy (slighly paradoxical that one) - sensitive - but perhaps most importantly here - you get a kick out of owning and riding an e-bike.

Thats why we're here.

Today me and the missis took our two bikes out to Wimbledon Common - her on a thing I created myself by putting an electric motor into a frame that fits her and cost me about £350 - me on a near £5K Haibike. (yes mad I know - spending that much on a push-bike - but then again its not - so maybe it wasn't do mad - the amount I am saving not driving a car or a motorbike I coulda spent twice that - but I digress).

Me I had the dog in a basket on the front. Its only 4 miles but heck still quicker than a car this part of London - she likes the throttle wont pedal (the missis not the dog) - me I forgot again to take that dongle off again - my bad (darn its fun cycling at 25mph). What great machines.

One day they will catch on and then there will be all hell to pay - there will be helmet laws and they (the bikes) will be everywhere and to be honest I am kind of glad it has not happened yet - we can all glide along without anybody noticing how much fun we're having.

More long posts I say.

Just don't tell too many people about the bikes.

Or they will all want one.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
. (yes mad I know - spending that much on a push-bike - but then again its not - so maybe it wasn't so mad.
That statement largely depends upon how you want to live your life. We are a long time dead, and if buying a bike whatever the cost, makes you happy and enables you to get more out of life, then no one has right to judge or pass comment. Enjoy. :)

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I get told that about my bike, not by the Mrs who doesn't know the cost, but people I meet when riding. It is less than £50.00 per mile now and getting cheaper by the day.